Difference between green tea capsules and green tea extract capsules??

Options
2»

Replies

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Boy, I just asked a simple question (for the first time since I joined in March) and I didn't expect antagonistic/smirky replies. Sorry for posting. (But to answer your question, Mr. Knight, I KNOW that by READING extensively and LISTENING to credible sources like my doctors and surgeons at the University of Michigan Hospital and Mayo Clinic. I know that green tea is better than soda pop and fruit juices. It's not rocket science.)

I'd just like to ask, how is green tea "better" than soda pop and fruit juices, assuming you're impartial to the tastes of all three?

Well, soda and fruit juices do have calories, tea not so much. Tea is a good option if you're looking to cut back on drinking your caloric allotment for the day.

So we're essentially saying green tea is healthier because it contains less calories than soda pop and fruit juices per serving, i.e. the item with more calories is immediately more unhealthy than one with less?

Did I say that? No, I didn't. Though it potentially might be a healthier option if you are consuming hundreds of calories worth of soda and juice each day. If you're diabetic (or like me and have insulin resistance) then yeah, tea over drinks high in sugar is going to be a healthier option.

But the OP was talking about pills for weight loss, which will accomplish nothing. Might as well drink the damn tea and skip paying for bogus pills.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Boy, I just asked a simple question (for the first time since I joined in March) and I didn't expect antagonistic/smirky replies. Sorry for posting. (But to answer your question, Mr. Knight, I KNOW that by READING extensively and LISTENING to credible sources like my doctors and surgeons at the University of Michigan Hospital and Mayo Clinic. I know that green tea is better than soda pop and fruit juices. It's not rocket science.)

I'd just like to ask, how is green tea "better" than soda pop and fruit juices, assuming you're impartial to the tastes of all three?

Well, soda and fruit juices do have calories, tea not so much. Tea is a good option if you're looking to cut back on drinking your caloric allotment for the day.

So we're essentially saying green tea is healthier because it contains less calories than soda pop and fruit juices per serving, i.e. the item with more calories is immediately more unhealthy than one with less?

I didnt read that at all. They said its a better option IF you are looking to limit calories.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options

Did I say that? No, I didn't. Though it potentially might be a healthier option if you are consuming hundreds of calories worth of soda and juice each day. If you're diabetic (or like me and have insulin resistance) then yeah, tea over drinks high in sugar is going to be a healthier option.

But the OP was talking about pills for weight loss, which will accomplish nothing. Might as well drink the damn tea and skip paying for bogus pills.

Just clarifying, because the OP already clarified that she was asking for "health" benefits, and not weight loss at all. I do get your point, though.