I've let myself be set back, and I'd love new friends to build a support network.

JannaJ02
JannaJ02 Posts: 35 Member
edited November 2014 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there, everyone. I'm 26 and have used MFP on and off over the past couple of years. In 2011, I saw 199lbs on the scale, and told myself I would never let myself get to 200. Lost 30lbs, got in shape, and while I wasn't exactly where I wanted to be, I felt loads better. I've fluctuated a little bit since then, but it wasn't so bad - until lately.

My job has been incredibly high-stress and full of long hours for the past six months, and it's taken a lot out of me. Unfortunately, I let healthy eating and exercising slip by the wayside, and old habits crept back in. I knew things were getting bad and that I'd put on weight, but was avoiding the scale because the busy point of my job will last until Christmas. "Why worry about it until I have the time to change it?" I figured. That is, until I decided to step on the scale today anyway.

I saw 203lbs.

I've never seen that before, and it's broken my heart. I feel ashamed and embarrassed that I let it get so bad and undid all my hard work from the past few years. And I cannot let this continue. I can't let myself stay like this.

So I'm back on MFP. I'm going to log, I'm going to get back to the gym, and I'm going to take care of myself again. I need to. But what I really find helpful is the support of others - people who use the site every day, who log and post updates, and who reply to their friends' posts with encouragement. I want people like that in my life, and I want to be that person in others' lives, too. So if you want an active, supportive friend - and want to be one in return - please friend me. I'll friend you back. And hopefully in surrounding ourselves with positivity, encouragement, and activity, we can take care of ourselves and meet our goals together. :smiley:

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Welcome back, although I'm sure it's rather bittersweet to be here again.

I'll be happy to friend you, but I mostly hang out on the forums and rarely look at my home page, so I don't do a bunch of "likes."

Since I don't have a lot to lose (I'm right on the line between normal and overweight), I'm taking my time and developing a more positive relationship with food rather than being strict or cutting food groups. I'm concentrating more on recomposition than weight loss, although dropping 15 pounds would be nice.

Are you concentrating more on diet, or are you also starting a new exercise routine?

• JannaJ02
    It definitely does feel bittersweet. Thank you - I friended you back. :)

Good for you for deciding how you want to handle your food - I think that's a really healthy way of looking at things. That's awesome. I'm concentrating on both. From having lost weight in the pasts, I know the foods and workouts that work for me (and hopefully they'll still work this time around!), and I just need to make this my focus again. I let things slide for way too long.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    welcome back :) *toasts with water*
  • JannaJ02
    welcome back :) *toasts with water*

:smile: Thank you so much! Mmmm, water.
  • Hey there! I'm new here (again!!) & also looking for support & encouragement & also looking to give it out! I'm 26 too :D You sound like a nice, positive person! I'll add you :D

And anyone who see's this msg & enjoys support & encouragement, feel free to add me too! I just wana build a big warm fuzzy support network!
  • Bless your heart, Janna! It's a tough thing to conquer, but we know it can be done. The great thing is: you're here. You've not given up; you're still fighting. So long as you remain in the fight, you've not failed. That's important! I admire your openness about your fit journey & I'll excited to watch you conquer the battle once & for all. We can totally do it... & we will!!!

*hugs*
    Jean

tomboy-princess.com/jointhechallenge
  • ktface17
    ktface17 Posts: 24 Member
    I'm in a very similar situation. :( It sucks but all we can do is keep at it! Friend request sent..
  • JannaJ02
    Thank you so much for the nice messages and words of encouragement, everyone!! That makes me feel really good. :) You guys are awesome, and I'm happy to be friends with all of you!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Welcome to add me! :)
  • joanna_82
    joanna_82 Posts: 151 Member
    I'm looking to add new friends- I log every day and try to keep as active as possible. I need the motivation from others to keep going to lose my last 5 pounds. Try to be as supportive as I can! I'm in the UK.
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Welcome back! Feel free to add me for positive encouragement!
  • JannaJ02
    Thanks, guys! Adding everyone here. :)
  • pinklark
    pinklark Posts: 49 Member
    Friend request on its way :)
  • Travis_2
    Travis_2 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Hi
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Good Morning, Janna!! I'd love to add you as a friend! My currently situation sounds just like yours.... I hit 196lbs about 2 1/2 yrs ago...got down to around 152lbs...and then I just kind of fell off the wagon again. I weighed in at 170lbs this morning and that's the highest I've been in almost 2 yrs... I am so upset with myself and I am even more determined to get back down. Would love to have any and all accountable friends...nothing like keeping each other on the right path! I actively log and encourage all of my friends... :smile: Looking forward to seeing your progress on my newsfeed!
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Feel free to add me if you wish. I'm here every day, most often multiple times per day. Welcome back!
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    edited November 2014
    I don't post updates that often other than what are automatically generated (weight updates, logged in for x amount of days, etc) and I'm usually fighting too many personal demons to be encouraging to others so I don't think I'm the friend you're after. But for someone who's not happy with their weight, you look really good. All the best to you.
  • krdews
    krdews Posts: 124 Member
    Hi

found myself in a very similar situation and would have loved the additional support as I know it's benefit. I'm still on the path and would gladly be part of your support group.

Just remember a slip is not fall - it's just a slip!