Why do we fail...

Options
124»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I'm sorry but all of this ^^^this seems a surreal argument from a fitness trainer (and moderator) on a health site : prisoners eat low quality food, therefore we should, because those on life sentences live until they are around 60.
    If you read what I was REALLY posting, my argumentation was that IF processed foods were the direct cause of shorter lives, then prison inmates should be living shorter lives.....................and they aren't (at least not from food). That was the point of the post.
    Processed foods aren't going to kill anyone off any faster than eating whole foods. I was debating this point versus the point of the OP. Are whole foods a better choice? From a nutritional standpoint yes. But health is more than just about food.
    Me being a moderator and fitness trainer doesn't mean I'm going to echo what a lot of the fitness industry is going to endorse as "healthy" for every individual. If anything, I'm going to use research to support statements I make to help people on here with correct information rather than opinions on what others have heard or believe is healthy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I did read it. And all your other follow up replies. I stand by my statement that it's odd.
    Odd because I don't side with the non processed foods crowd? Or odd because you disagree with what I posted even though it can be supported by evidence? I'm just refuting the fallacy that eating processed foods will somehow cause health issues in people even if it's eating in moderation. The inmate example is a great example because it's been going on for decades. That's all.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I don't get any kind of serotonin/endorphin rush either. none. nada. not the tiniest bit. I just have to force myself through it because it's making me healthier. That, and music. I can at least enjoy the music!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    LOL... and as far as the prisoners thing: prison inmates receive crappy health care, and are subject to being shanked, and many other things that cause premature death.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I fail because ice cream tastes good.