Ideas for big one-pot meals I can make at weekend and eat for lunch during week please

Options

Replies

• Rundavey
    Options
    I just posted a nice Mince recipe that is very tasty but low in calories. It would go with anything - bread, potatos, and of course spaghetti
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I did a Crockpot Chicken Mushroom Spinach thing this week...no recipe, just with what I had on hand.
    3 pounds chicken breasts, boneless, skinless cut into large chunks
    1 pkt Mushroom Gravy Mix
    1 pkt Ranch dressing mix
    1 bag fresh spinach
    1 8 ounce pkg slice mushrooms
    4 TBSP butter
    It would be amazing with rice cooked in, to absorb the "juice" but I do moderate carb and rice just doesn't fit regularly into my daily macros. I microwave mine over a handful of (additional) fresh spinach and 1 ounce of Hemp Hearts. It's really delish! The recipe made approx. 8-9 servings at about 320 cals (without the hemp hearts, which add 10 g protein and 170 cals, but so worth it! You could do without, or do rice or another grain of your choosing.) :)
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Throw 4-6 boneless/skinless chicken breasts in the crock pot with a whole jar of really good salsa and cook til done. Shred it and put it on tortillas for burritos or soft tacos.
  • Rundavey
    Options
    That sounds delicious
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Beef (burger) Stroganoff
    • 1 to 2 pounds 93:7 burger or use turkey/beef burger combo - seasoned to suit - drained (use more meat if you are wanting protein, less if not)
    • Onions to suit - add to burger while it is cooking
    • >>>After draining burger add -
    • 1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
    • Additional mushrooms to suit (I use one 6 oz. jar - drained)
    • Light sour cream to suit...maybe 1/3 to 1/2 cup
    • bring to simmer and ready to serve

I will add a little water to adjust the consistency if too thick.

Serve over bow-tie noodles, rice, quinoa...open face on bread...or even eat it plain.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Turkey chili with kidney or black beans (or both!). Low fat, low cholesterol, lotsa protein, and chili "ages" well. Use low/no sodium tomato sauce and/or beans. The spices keep it from being bland.
    There's a couple ongoing Crock pot threads, might check those out.. also might try a search for past Crockpot recipe threads. You'll get lots of good ideas here as well, I'm sure! :)
  • 78105234a
    78105234a Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BeckZombie
    BeckZombie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It's not really "one pot," but I like to cook up a few servings of barely and mix it with pesto and add chicken or shrimp to it. Depending on what brands and amounts you use, you can eat a good amount for under 400 calories. It also freezes really well and is super filling!
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Kellys Southwestern Wraps :)
    Yeilds: 14 servings (14 lunches, dinners, snacks!)
    88 Calories per 1/3 Cup
    90 Calories per tortialla wrap
    • 1 Can Black Beans- Reduced Sodium- Rinsed
    • 2 Cups Whole Kernel Golden Corn
    • 1 Can Diced Tomatoes With Basil, Garlic and Oregano - No Salt Added (Drained)
    • 1 12.00 oz., canned chicken
    • 4 tbsp reduced fat chipoltle mayo

Mix it all together, add cayenne pepper and garlic if you want to flavor it. Get flatout flatbread (90 calories) and measure out 1/3 cup of the mixture and wrap it up. Refridgerate the remainder in a sealed container. Dress them up with spinach, avocado or salsa for extra flavor! :)

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I made this recipe last weekend: https://dashingdish.com/recipe/crockpot-white-bean-chicken-chili/

I didn't add green chiles because I don't like them, but wow is this good! It really hits the spot, especially on a cold day in a chilly office like mine. :smiley:
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I make a "lasagna casserole" of sorts. I use turkey sweet Italian sausage (bulk), low-carb Penne pasta, skim-milk mozzarella, and I subsitute 1% fat cottage cheese for ricotta. I use fresh plum tomatoes to make my sauce, but have used a jar sauce with good results too. You don't even have to boil the pasta first - just mix it with the sauce & Italian sausage & cottage cheese. Top with a layer of mozarellla and bake. You can add some kidney beans if you want to add more fiber & make it more filling. Put in a lasagna pan, cover with foil & bake at 350 for about 50 minutes. Remove foil to let cheese brown and bake another 5-10 minutes.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Spaghetti (I make mine with ground turkey) - great as leftovers. I put leftover noodles covered by sauce in individual containers, one meal apiece. Microwaves well.

When I make tacos, I cook up extra shells and put together tacos from the leftovers (meat and cheese in corn tortilla). These also reheat well in the microwave.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I make a "lasagna casserole" of sorts. I use turkey sweet Italian sausage (bulk), low-carb Penne pasta, skim-milk mozzarella, and I subsitute 1% fat cottage cheese for ricotta. I use fresh plum tomatoes to make my sauce, but have used a jar sauce with good results too. You don't even have to boil the pasta first - just mix it with the sauce & Italian sausage & cottage cheese. Top with a layer of mozarellla and bake. You can add some kidney beans if you want to add more fiber & make it more filling. Put in a lasagna pan, cover with foil & bake at 350 for about 50 minutes. Remove foil to let cheese brown and bake another 5-10 minutes.

Yum!!! I'll have to try it!

I like making shepherd's pie, although it's a dish obviously and not a pot. I just brown some ground beef with some onions and a bit of tomato sauce, add frozen veggies, then top with mashed potatoes and some cheese (cheddar or Swiss) then bake until the cheese is melted.
  • merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of variations on Mujadara, a Lebanese/Middle Eastern dish.
    Basically, it's rice and lentils, cooked together with salt and any other spice you like.
    2 parts water to 1 part dry ingredients (i.e. 4 cups water to 1 cup rice and 1 cup lentils).
    Clean the lentils and rinse, add to large sauce pot, dutch oven, or slow cooker. Add rice and water and spices.
    Bring to boil and simmer on low until all the water is absorbed and the rice and lentils are soft.
    Sautee onions in EVOO with salt and serve the sauteed onions over the rice & lentils.
    Top with yogurt or lebneh.

Also, thanks for the jambalaya recipe!
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Yum!!! I'll have to try it!

I like making shepherd's pie, although it's a dish obviously and not a pot. I just brown some ground beef with some onions and a bit of tomato sauce, add frozen veggies, then top with mashed potatoes and some cheese (cheddar or Swiss) then bake until the cheese is melted.

I didn't give much direction! but, obviously you brown the sausage with some garlic & a little onion, then add the sauce, seasonings, etc. before baking.
  • SpecialKH
    SpecialKH Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I put 5 smallish chicken breasts in the crock pot along with 1 cup of brown rice, 2 cups of water, a Swanson chicken savory flavor packet and top it with a bag of broccoli slaw and let it cook for several hours on low. The chicken falls apart and I just mix it all together for a chicken/rice/veggie dish.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Great ideas, thanks!
  • sugarskullbaby12
    Options
    if you hve a sweet tooth the best receipe I have found a cake like brownie 92 cal and 1 gm fat per serving it cant b beat ....easy too mix devil food cake mix any brand with a 15 oz can of pumpkin no water just mix well bake at 350 for 20 mins to 25 mins til you think it is done ... in a loaf pan or 9x13 just depends how thick you like it really good
  • raggiemom
    raggiemom Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I like to make a "pot of something" on the weekend and I keep it pretty simple. That way when I heat it up during the week I can add different stuff to it so I don't get tired of it. This week it was a pot of blackeyed peas (soak peas overnight, then cook with veggie broth, a large can of crushed tomatoes, chopped up carrots, onions, garlic salt and black pepper. When I reheat during the week I usually add things like chopped asparagus, shredded brussel sprouts, spinach, mushrooms, pepita seeds, raisins, roasted veggies (I usually roast a bunch on the weekend to eat the following week), chopped turkey, roast beef, hot dog (whatever meat I have on hand), grated cheese, and/or whatever else that sounds good.