Carb Cycling-Thoughts

Options
I have been 90% faithful to paleo and lost the bulk of the weight I to reach goal. I have been up and down with the same 5-10 pounds. I am struggling to reach goal, essentially stuck in plateau for 4 months. I started my journey a year ago in August at 195. I am 5'7" I am currently 160. I am up and down from 150-160. My goal is 145 or lower. I picked 145 as my high school weight.

I have friends that carb cycle and they look amazing. They have been encouraging me to try for awhile. I am nervous to do it, it looks and sounds like a lot more work.
Anyone have advice, experience, or suggestion.
Constructive feedback please.

Replies

• lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the carb cycling advice, too.

But while we wait, I have a comment about your goal weight. I started out with a goal weight the same as I weighed in high school, too. I chose it simply because that is the last time I remember feeling good about my size. Later I had my body fat % estimated at the gym. I used it to calculate what I should weigh at a healthy body fat % for a woman my age and I was surprised to get a number almost 20 pounds heavier than my supposed goal weight. So maybe I was shooting for a too low goal weight all along.

Just something to consider.