Please help me find the time!

Options

Replies

• icanplay3
    icanplay3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Awesome, awesome advice...thank you all SO MUCH!! And P.S. the joy of having children is SO worth the time and money you spend on them. I LOVE buying my son cute outfits and cuddling with him every night and planning fun vacations with my daughters! Example: I am taking my daughters to Las Vegas over the Thanksgiving holiday next week and baby is going with his Dad...when I take the girls on vacations we have so much fun together...just shopping, talking about girly stuff....these memories can't be bought. What you get back from having children is so emotionally fulfilling I can't explain. <3
  • icanplay3
    Options
    Such great support from you all....I am feeling really motivated and hopeful right now. I will remember this thread and come back to it when I am feeling like life is beating me down, I am dead tired and wanting to give up on my weight loss journey. I will remember this when I am feeling lazy and wanting to get take out instead of cooking a healthy meal instead. Thank you so so much.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Just be glad you didn't start a clean eating thread :)
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

Sit down on your day off and make a list of your recipes and meals for a week.

Google crockpot recipes and whatever your other food ideas you are interested in.

Get up 30 minutes earlier and do a 30 minute workout with weights or resistance bands.

Walk on your lunch breaks.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Just be glad you didn't start a clean eating thread :)

For reals.
  • icanplay3
    Options
    Do I dare ask why? lol :p
  • arditarose
    Options
    icanplay3 wrote: »
    Do I dare ask why? lol :p

You wouldn't be as pleased with your responses. There's one up now you can take a look at. But seriously, there's like 9 posted every day. Oye.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I lived what you are doing now. Give yourself some slack. If you rearrange your lifestyle look it as a way to increase your vitality, energy. The planned meals is a great start. If you have time to read at all, you might like this book:
    http://www.amazon.com/Find-More-Time-Things-Organize/dp/0767922026/ref=la_B001H6KR2M_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1416245465&sr=1-3
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Find More Time: How to Get Things Done at Home, Organize Your Life, and Feel Great About It by Laura Stack
  • icanplay3
    edited November 2014
    Options
    OHH you mean the ones about "what should I eat or not eat"? heehee I find that irrelevant because it really does boil down to calories, regardless of where they are coming from. I only want to eat healthy for HEALTH and I feel better physically when I am cutting down on junk
  • arditarose
    Options
    OHH you mean the ones about "what should I eat or not eat"? heehee I find that irrelevant because it really does boil down to calories, regardless of where they are coming from. I only want to eat healthy for HEALTH and I feel better physically when I am not eating processed crap.

No
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10022290/clean-eating#latest
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Where's your husband / baby daddy in all of this ?
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com. At home workouts, they give you calories burned, great times.
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Teach your daughter how to cook. The time invested will pay for itself. When I was 16, I not only helped my single mom by cooking and cleaning, I also had a part-time job and was an honor roll student.

Now that you've enlisted some help, spend your Saturday, buying, prepping and cooking your meals for the next week. I always made a pot of soup or chili and then would have that for my lunches. I also made salad ahead of time and pre-portioned it out to take with the soup. Fruit, cheese, boiled eggs, yogurt. I rarely bought lunch out and I saved a ton of money.

A tip for the salads that is wonderful if you have a foodsaver vacuum system, check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gax7O9_ZIc#t=10. I've had salad last well over a week.

good luck!
  • icanplay3
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    OHH you mean the ones about "what should I eat or not eat"? heehee I find that irrelevant because it really does boil down to calories, regardless of where they are coming from. I only want to eat healthy for HEALTH and I feel better physically when I am not eating processed crap.

No
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10022290/clean-eating#latest

LOL

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    redheaddee wrote: »
    Ugh. This thread. All this baby talk. I'm starting to ache for one.

Let me help...they cry A LOT, they poop A LOT...teenage years...you will never have money ever again...or UNINTERRUPTED quality naked time with the spouse...

LOL :flowerforyou:

All of this ^^ LOL

I'm mostly concerned with quality naked time. I'll give it a few years. I'm not getting any younger though.

tick tock.
    tick tock.
    tick tock.
    !!!
    lol.
  • arditarose
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    redheaddee wrote: »
    Ugh. This thread. All this baby talk. I'm starting to ache for one.

Let me help...they cry A LOT, they poop A LOT...teenage years...you will never have money ever again...or UNINTERRUPTED quality naked time with the spouse...

LOL :flowerforyou:

All of this ^^ LOL

I'm mostly concerned with quality naked time. I'll give it a few years. I'm not getting any younger though.

tick tock.
    tick tock.
    tick tock.
    !!!
    lol.

Ahh you're not helping.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    You've gotten some great advice already. I'll Nth the advice to plan meals ahead, and to make leftovers that you can take for lunch. Many of my meals involve making a big batch of something (chili con carne tonight): 1/4 gets eaten for dinner, 1/4 gets saved for 3-4 days later, 1/4 goes into lunch, and 1/4 gets frozen for a healthy meal some time in the next few months when I don't have time or motivation to cook.

Mark Bittman has a couple of books that you should check out at your local library: How to Cook Everything: The Basics and How to Cook Everything Fast. Your 16-year-old can learn basic kitchen techniques and cooking principles from the former, and the latter has many ideas for fast recipes.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    HAHA! I wish! My 18 yr old is a great cook but she recently moved in with her grandparents to help them out at home (bless her heart for doing that and putting up with my Mother on a daily basis) and my 16 yr old does not know how to cook AT ALL. She looked up a youtube video on how to make scrambled eggs. So she can make breakfast. I really need to teach her how to cook...she's not like her sister who was more willing to learn cooking at an earlier age.
    Your 16 year old knows how to clean right? I would switch up the kitchen duty with her nightly. Hell my mom had my brother and I cleaning the kitchen and living room every night. At least with her cleaning up, that gives you time to at least get in 30 minutes.

• ems212
    ems212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Take an hour on Sundays to plan your meals for the week. I try and pre-cook meals or put them together and freeze them so I can just pop them in the oven when I get home after work. Also, skip the diner at lunch. I know it's a hassle to pack a lunch, but that will help save you a ton. I try to use 15 minutes of my lunch time to eat, and the other 15 to walk around the building.