What is different about this weight loss journey that will cause you to be successful?

Options
I told a few people that I was ready to get serious about losing weight. Most wished me well, but one commented that she had heard that before and would basically believe it when she saw it. For me, this attempt IS different. Why is this the time that is going to work for you?
(FYI - she just gave me more fuel to my fire)

For me... Aside from being absolutely fed up with lugging extra weight around and being horrified at pictures of myself:

-I have spent the last 4 months making healthy eating a way of life. I avoid as much processed/refined food as I can. I am now in the habit of packing meals, planning ahead, and using the freezer/crock pot to make sure that I eat healthy as close to all of the time as I can.

- I have built exercise into my week. Before, I have always complained about not being able to find the time

- I have been telling people about my weight loss journey. Before, I always kept it a secret. If I failed no one knew.

- I have current pics of myself and pics of a much slimmer me and look at that frequently.

Basically, I am working to change my way of life instead of previous attempts at quick weight loss (which rarely worked).

Replies

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Its hard to explain but i had a mental shift and the next day i started my WOE (08/27/2013) and have been moving onwards and downwards since.

Only my wife knew and i had never told anyone but over time it was obvious. I still have my before pics as a wallpaper on my desktop and i also had them laminated wallet size to carry around.

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I want to be stronger and smaller (body fat) than my strongest friend.
  • _sirenofthesea_
    _sirenofthesea_ Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Mine is different this time because I finally quit making up excuses and believing them :)
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I did not care how long it took. I was in it for the rest of my life!
  • ems212
    ems212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This time is different because I have faith in myself, and I have supportive people around me. Toxic people were a big part of my problem last time. This time, I know that I can do anything I set my mind to, and excuses don't hurt anybody but me.