Starting Again

Hi. I was a WW member and lost 45 pounds. Recently had surgery and added about 20 pounds back. It has been hard to get the weight off again and need tips. I work out 6 days a week on the elliptical and running. I've dropped 7 pounds but seem to teeter on the 200 pound mark. I want to be well away from 200 again. I left WW because it wasn't working a second time around. The MFP seems to keep me aware of what I am placing in my mouth but I wonder if I am eating too much. 1200 calories and then I eat my workout calories burned. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    i suggest balancing your cardio with something else so you can make better progress!
  • DeannaLynnPerkins
    DeannaLynnPerkins Posts: 41 Member
    I have heard SEVERAL people suggest only eating back 1/2 of your workout calories. Since the calories that you burned can be off, several people have noticed no weight loss or even gaining, but eating back all the calories they "earned" working out. So that's my biggest suggestion there.

I'd also try to incorporate some type of weight training. Even if it's just adding some sets of push-ups, sit-ups, squats, calf raises, etc. Cardio is great, but weight training also helps burn more calories for longer, helps tone and will really help you start seeing the lbs slide off again. :-)
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    How long have you been doing this? How much weight have you lost in that amount of time? What do you have your weekly weightless goal set at? How are you tracking your exercise calories? Are you using MFPs numbers or do you have a tracker you use?
  • Polly1890
    Polly1890 Posts: 7 Member
    I would tell you to do something else with your cardio. If I only do cardio I maintain my weight but if I do something else (currently doing Jillians 30 day shred) I lose weight. I cut back my cardio to 15 to 30 minutes a day. I also only eat back half of my earned calories. Good luck!