Discrepencies Between iOS and Web

Options
Can't create a topic apparently in the proper support areas... so it's going in here I guess...

I just noticed after syncing my iOS and looking at the web there is a difference in calorie allowance between the two. Thoughts on why that would be? [See Screenshot]

Note: Screenshots were taken within seconds of eachother.

dhy722roxv4z.png

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    One of them has outdated exercise calories.

Does the iPhone Steps thing add exercise calories? (I've never used it) If so, then there is possibly a delay transferring the updated calories to the website.

I see this usually a couple times a day, because I use a fitbit which adjusts my calories every time I sync it. Sometimes I lose calories and other times I gain. However, since fitbit talks to the website which then transfers the data to my phone app. For this reason, the phone app sometimes is a few calories behind the website. They eventually match up.

So my thought for your's is that your phone is transferring step data to the App, the app then gives you calories for those steps, and then it transfers the info to the website. I could be wrong however, since I have no idea if it gives you calories for those steps or if it's just tracking them as a visual reminder to move more.