Jillian Michael's Body Revolution (Do It With ME!!!!)

Options
Hey Guys! I'm new to MFP and talk about team no motivation - that's ME! I have been the biggest procrastinator when it comes to my health for the past year or so. Start and Quit..Start and Quit...over and over again. But about two weeks ago - I really sat and thought about something. My son is now 4 years old, and when I was 9 month pregnant with him I was only a buck 50, but now I am 180 pounds ( and NOT PREGNANT!). I have no reason to be this out of shape and it's time to put my game face on drop these pounds!!!!! I'm now tracking every meal's nutrition, I'm exercising every morning at 6 am for an hour (excluding Sundays and Fridays) ...and I'm also a new owner of the Garmin Vivofit Fitness Band.

I bought Jillian Michael's Body Revolution and it should be coming in the mail by Thursday. Anyone want to join me on this 90 day journey? Would love to go through this process with others for motivation, support, questions, etc. etc. ;):D

Replies

• branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I completed this 90 day program 3 times. I swear by it. I absolutely loved it. Here is the link to a group you should join. Everyone in the group is doing or has done this program. Good luck to you.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/2883-jillian-michaels-body-revolution
  • beautifulciera
    beautifulciera Posts: 202 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    I completed this 90 day program 3 times. I swear by it. I absolutely loved it. Here is the link to a group you should join. Everyone in the group is doing or has done this program. Good luck to you.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/2883-jillian-michaels-body-revolution

Thanks Braflakes1980 ...thanks for the encouragement...you must be a fitness beast!
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    :D
  • audie1122
    audie1122 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 7 now. This is my second attempt. The first time I half assed it through workout one of week 5 and gave up. But this time I am loving it. It's hard, but I've learned that 1) that means it gets you results, and 2) my body can take it as long as I tell my brain to shut up!

Good luck, I hope you love it as much as I have so far!
  • kimiebee
    kimiebee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just finished my seccond week of phase 1 - workouts 1 and 2. Looking forward to stepping up to the next workouts. I am loving it, but then I love all of Jillians workouts. I find her so motivating. I'll do the programme with you ;)
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I finished the program and lost 25 pounds - I loved it. Yes, it was hard but it got results. I also really like Jillian Michaels - I find you have to "click" with the instructor to aid yourself in persistence. Good luck on your journey and don't give up!
  • tychin
    tychin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of this program, so I'm so happy you posted beautifulcera! I'll be joining you on this journey :D
  • izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I think I will restart my workout routines with it. I wanted to do Insanity, but it being 45+ minutes kind of turns me off, while BR is the only workout that I have ever stuck to. Add me!
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    audie1122 wrote: »
    I'm on week 7 now. This is my second attempt. The first time I half assed it through workout one of week 5 and gave up. But this time I am loving it. It's hard, but I've learned that 1) that means it gets you results, and 2) my body can take it as long as I tell my brain to shut up!

Good luck, I hope you love it as much as I have so far!

Well at least you gave it another shot.... proud of you!!! If it doesn't hurt and you aren't almost crying...it's no good lol.

I'm starting mine next Monday - I want to make sure I have all the food ingredients that I need for my 7 day kick start so I won't be tempted to eat other things. Did you do that part of the program as well? (7 day kick start)
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    kimiebee wrote: »
    Just finished my seccond week of phase 1 - workouts 1 and 2. Looking forward to stepping up to the next workouts. I am loving it, but then I love all of Jillians workouts. I find her so motivating. I'll do the programme with you ;)

Cool!!! So you're on week 3 now....when you start on week 4 - I'll be starting my week 1 :))
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    I finished the program and lost 25 pounds - I loved it. Yes, it was hard but it got results. I also really like Jillian Michaels - I find you have to "click" with the instructor to aid yourself in persistence. Good luck on your journey and don't give up!

Thanks honey....and yes I love Jillian as well. I hate when I'm doing workout videos and everyone is smiling like the work is just a piece of cake....but Jillian lets you know that yes I know you're hurting...its' hard...and you want to give up, but you just think of that beach body and keep going.....she tells you to stop making lame *kitten* excuses and get serious. I love that about her....I need someone hardcore!!
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    tychin wrote: »
    I haven't heard of this program, so I'm so happy you posted beautifulcera! I'll be joining you on this journey :D

Will you join me? This program is amazing...I'm starting next Monday, but I purchases my program on Ebay for $35...they run from about $35 to $90...so you just have to look for the good deals.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    izu87 wrote: »
    I think I will restart my workout routines with it. I wanted to do Insanity, but it being 45+ minutes kind of turns me off, while BR is the only workout that I have ever stuck to. Add me!

Soooo will you join me lol? It's a great program :smiley:

• izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it tomorrow, but I will be doing a hybrid with insanity. 4 days of BR without the cardios, Fridays rest days, and weekends will be cardio insanity :)
  • demarii06
    demarii06 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Im in I just gotta find it now
  • jackie_moo
    jackie_moo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've started it once last year, then left it to focus more on walking/running, but now with the wintery weather i'm determined to give it another shot - so count me in! Im a BIG Jillian fan, and i love BR - time just flies by! and you can easily fit in 30 minute workouts - so no excuses!!!! :D
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    izu87 wrote: »
    I'm starting it tomorrow, but I will be doing a hybrid with insanity. 4 days of BR without the cardios, Fridays rest days, and weekends will be cardio insanity :)

Greeat! Ill be one week behind you. I'm starting next Monday - 1, because I need to make sure I have all my needed groceries to stick to my 7 day metabolism kick start and 2, Thanksgiving is Thursday and I WILL NOT be sticking to anyone's meal plan lol
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    demarii06 wrote: »
    Im in I just gotta find it now

this is who I bought my set from?? muuuch cheaper rate lol
    (her website sells the set for about 100 smh. ...no deal)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-DVD-Set-JILLIAN-Michaels-BODY-REVOLUTION-90-Day-Weight-Loss-Workout-Videos-/201219391292?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ed99c3f3c

• beautifulciera
    Options
    jackie_moo wrote: »
    I've started it once last year, then left it to focus more on walking/running, but now with the wintery weather i'm determined to give it another shot - so count me in! Im a BIG Jillian fan, and i love BR - time just flies by! and you can easily fit in 30 minute workouts - so no excuses!!!! :D

I'm starting the Monday after Thanksgiving :smiley: