Jaw pain when running in the cold

Options
Ok, I know of some things that might be causing this -- however I wanted to see if anyone else experiences this and what you do about it.

I enjoy running outside as opposed to on a treadmill, although I have access to an indoor treadmill so no worries, I'll keep running.

When the temperature gets to about 40 degrees and under my jaw will ache pretty bad during and after a run. I don't have any metal in my mouth, just 8 pulled teeth (4 molars and all 4 wisdom teeth). I also have chronic sinus problems if I'm not careful. So I've been able to find that sinus problems can contribute to this as well as bad form while running. I *think my form is pretty good but maybe I'm getting lazy...

Any other ideas and anything that you've found that helps? I don't want to have to stuff myself with NSAIDs every time.

Thanks.

Replies

• sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Upper or lower jaw?

Bruxism at night?
    Cavity? other infection?
    Sinus pressure (you already have that)?
    TMJ?
    Trigeminal neuralgia?
    I do not mean to alarm you, but lower jaw pain *can* be a symptom of a heart problem.

I think that you should see a doctor and/or dentist about this since it has happened more than once.