Diabetic, Low Carb, High Fat diet - Have a question

The information that my fitness pal has spit out at me has me eating over 200 carbs per day when I only can be eating between 20-50 grams of carbs per day. Where can I go to change this in the food diary?

I eat low carb, high fat to help maintain my blood sugar numbers as well as lose weight but would like to use this as a platform to track everything.

Replies

• socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    edited November 2014
    Under 'My Home' tab, select 'Goals'. Click "Change Goals" button. Select "Custom" option. Set the percentage (cannot set a given number of grams... that I know of). From what I've read about diabetic/pre-diabetic diet, they recommend 40% carbs and 30-35% protein.
  • jrose1982
    jrose1982 Posts: 366 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    As the user said above change it in your Goals.

When you say you can only have 20-50g is that something your doctor told you to do or was it from information you've gotten online? Low carb diets are beneficial to diabetics but that doesn't necessarily mean you have to shoot for ketosis.

How much do you currently weigh?

How many calories do you have MFP set for? Is it 1200?

Slow down a minute. She didn't ask for a diet critique, she asked for help with the website. Which makes your inquiries unsolicited. That's how arguments get started. And getting advice from some random person in a forum is no better than any other online advice. I'm sure you mean well. But unsolicited advice often isn't helpful simply because it's unsolicited (as I'm sure you're thinking about me right now).
    I trust that she'll do (or has done) her research and, if she has questions, she'll ask. I suggest you do the same.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    jrose1982 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    As the user said above change it in your Goals.

When you say you can only have 20-50g is that something your doctor told you to do or was it from information you've gotten online? Low carb diets are beneficial to diabetics but that doesn't necessarily mean you have to shoot for ketosis.

How much do you currently weigh?

How many calories do you have MFP set for? Is it 1200?

Slow down a minute. She didn't ask for a diet critique, she asked for help with the website. Which makes your inquiries unsolicited. That's how arguments get started. And getting advice from some random person in a forum is no better than any other online advice. I'm sure you mean well. But unsolicited advice often isn't helpful simply because it's unsolicited (as I'm sure you're thinking about me right now).
    I trust that she'll do (or has done) her research and, if she has questions, she'll ask. I suggest you do the same.

complains about unsolicited advice, and then proceeds to give unsolicited advice...