Great tip for beginer runners

Although my wife and I arent beginer runners anymore we are really unfit and have just started running again. We are following the 9min running and 1 minute walking principal and it is amazing how well it works.

If you have a Garmin gps watch you can set it up in a workout and might be able to do it on a similar watch or smart phone application. The one minute recovery really does enable you to get fit a lot easier and you are no longer going for a 45 mintue run as you have breaks in between.

Replies

• Running and doing yoga in the morning is the best way to keep yourself healthy and relaxed. Morning time brings freshness in mind and brings full energy for the whole day. There are several fitness centres at different places that give professional advice to people about yoga, exercises and morning walk. These are very natural and easy ways to do and make your body fit.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Running and doing yoga in the morning is the best way to keep yourself healthy and relaxed. Morning time brings freshness in mind and brings full energy for the whole day. There are several fitness centres at different places that give professional advice to people about yoga, exercises and morning walk. These are very natural and easy ways to do and make your body fit.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Rundavey wrote: »
    Although my wife and I arent beginer runners anymore we are really unfit and have just started running again. We are following the 9min running and 1 minute walking principal and it is amazing how well it works.

If you have a Garmin gps watch you can set it up in a workout and might be able to do it on a similar watch or smart phone application. The one minute recovery really does enable you to get fit a lot easier and you are no longer going for a 45 mintue run as you have breaks in between.

You might find this interesting:

http://jeffgalloway.com/training/run-walk/

I am on Week 12 of a 10K training programme based on the Couch to 5k programme. Even at this stage there are short walk sections and for me at least it is working well.

No injuries, I feel fresh the next day and motivated after each run. I guess it is not everyone's cup of tea but I have really enjoyed it so far.