Low Carbs

Options
2»

Replies

• raventwo
    raventwo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I do a moderate carb intake way of eating (carbohydrate addicts lifespan program) in conjunction with a daily calorie limit to help me relearn normal portion sizes. I have lost a total now of 208 pounds, and am 20 pounds from goal. No meds, no surgery and yes, that does mean a lot to me as I did not want to go either route.
    I am now off medication for high blood pressure (first time in over 29 years) and switched off xarelto (major hitter in the blood thinner category) to a baby aspirin a day. Awaiting my latest cholesterol results.
    Best wishes to you - I love eating the way I do! Delicious, good food.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    My years of struggle have finally brought me back to a reduced carb diet. Not only do I feel better; aches and pains gone, energy increased and I actually lose weight without starving.
    BUT, it has to be done right; lots of vegetables, moderate your fat and protein. I have set up my caloric limits, fats, protein and carbs on myfitnesspal so I can track just as though I as losing weight by caloric restriction.
    I also exercise. A lot.
    Here was the hard part; I had to give up wine. I had a small "come to Jesus " meeting when I realized that it simply sabotaged any attempts I made.
    This is MY story and may not work for everyone but know this; my good and bad cholesterol and blood sugar numbers are fantastic.
    10 days, 6 pounds.

I was probably pre diabetic and this is the only solution for me.
    Good luck.

you are losing weigh through calorie restricting, you are just doing it via restricting one whole food group...

Yes and the least important food group at that. :)