Eye on the prize... what is yours?

Options
Other than the wonderful reward of a healthier, slimmer self that is more active and photogenic...... are you giving yourselves rewards for hitting goals? Would you like to share?

Replies

• jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    For me, hitting my goals is in itself it's own reward.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I hadn't really thought about rewards. I'm sure I'll do a little shopping though. ;)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    The 10XTOUGHMUDDER Black Headband.

OH YEAH. I aim for nothing less than epic. My girlfriends may be giving me crap about it, hell my roommate just told me that 'tuff mutters' are all I care about in the whole world. But i know that isn't true, and I'm keeping my eye on the prize - because only I can get me there and only I can stand in my way.

besides like... broken bones and such.
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    In about 11 months I will be going in Singapore to meet a lady that I've seen a number of times in the last year. She knows that I'm dieting and I'm looking forward to being with her and being slim.

After that, my 'prize' is to NOT have to diet anymore. Over the last 25 years I must have put on 170kg in bits and pieces, and lost 155kg. Losing 155kg is hard work, that's about 2,500 days of dieting. I want to get past that whole dieting work and stress and enjoy being at goal, for the rest of my life.
  • drlaugh4u
    Options
    I notice things like being able to wail longer on my harps/harmonica.
    Clothes- I got to go out and buy smaller clothes. Especially shirts and pants AND
    - i didn't have to buy bigger sizes...Aside, I wonder if I am the only magician who had to take his strait jacket to a tailor to have it "let out", as i got to big to be buckled in.
    - "If we can't laugh at ourselves, someone will beat us to it"
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I want to see if doughnuts taste better than thin feels. I bet they do.
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    definite shopping is in order... in my own closet. i've kept clothes for years from late high school/early college that i haven't been able willing to get rid of because they have been "goal pants" or whatever.
  • Forest91
    Forest91 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I know it will be a long time but when it happens buying my first pair of skin jeans
  • themmbar
    themmbar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am giving myself a one hour massage when I hit the <200lb goal
  • hickorycutie
    hickorycutie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    total make over is in order when i hit my goal
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    themmbar wrote: »
    I am giving myself a one hour massage when I hit the <200lb goal

Wouldn't it be difficult to give yourself a massage? Contortionist?? Sorry, couldn't resist
  • Old_Man_McGucket
    Old_Man_McGucket Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    When I hit my medium term goal of 190lbs, I'm shaving my head.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Forest91 wrote: »
    I know it will be a long time but when it happens buying my first pair of skin jeans

He puts the lotion on the skin...

(sorry, I couldn't resist)
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    So far, I've bought new clothes, gotten mani/pedis, gotten a massage, and bought some kettle bells. Once I reach my goal weight, I am planning on a tattoo and once I've maintained that for a year, I may get excess skin removed. (At least, that is what I am wanting to do at the moment. I'll just have to see where things stand once I reach that point. Maybe my skin will have recovered and will be at a livable level of "saggy")
  • Tea_Mistress
    Tea_Mistress Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have some sexy denim shorts hanging up in my room just waiting to be worn ^_^
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    My rewards have all been new clothes and/or exercise equipment. I don't have a final reward in mind.
    In about 11 months I will be going in Singapore to meet a lady that I've seen a number of times in the last year. She knows that I'm dieting and I'm looking forward to being with her and being slim.

This is super cool!

• KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I participate in a 5k each time I hit a goal. Once I get to five 5k's I'm gonna start 10k's. I've already done three and I'm over 300 lbs.

When I get to 250 I'm gonna do another overnight ghost hunt. I like staying the night in scary places as a hobby but I haven't done it in awhile.

When I get to 200 I'm going SKYDIVING!! Can't wait. There are a lot of things I couldn't do at 410 lbs so with each goal im catching up on things I should've done a long time ago :)
  • FlatWet
    FlatWet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I used to make goals for myself for certain weight markers, and always failed to achieve them...
    Now, I have been thinking more about health daily (rather than an abstract number) and have had much more success.
    ALTHOUGH WHEN I REACH MY GOAL I AM BUYING A PAIR OF JEANS.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I always give myself rewards.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Losing weight and being healthier is all the reward I need!!

But when I'm done, I will be splurging on tons of new clothes that I won't have to get rid of in a couple months, like I'll have been doing for 18 months.