You guys have completely changed me - you'd be so proud!

Options
This morning at the gym I ran on the treadmill (because it is Tuesday). I mentioned to a women I see there regularly that I was feeling sore from my workout with my trainer yesterday.

She said the best plan is to walk for an hour every other day and rest the opposite days. I said for my goals of weight loss and better fitness, I'll run every other day (training for a 10k) and do strength training the opposite days with one rest day a week. It's worked for me so far!

This is clearly your doing. Before coming to MFP and the forums, that would NEVER have been my answer. I'm not sure whether to thank you all or not :)

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on changing your feelings over exercise and being committed to it. MFP has been a motivater to me too , just seeing how people have changed, not only their weight, but their lives. I know you have to be proud of yourself for what you have accomplished.
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine needing a rest day after a one-hour walk. I walk between 3.5 and 5 miles every morning, and weight-train 3x/week. With sometimes adding on a bit of cardio such as elliptical at the gym when I'm up for that. I think your plan is much better than the one she suggested!