Settings

Is there a setting that will NOT add your calories burned from exercise into your daily calorie goal? I want to maintain the same calories/macros and still track my exercise but it's hard to remember what my calorie/macro goal was when 486 calories and their subsequent macros have been added to my total for the day. I still want to track my exercise and calories burned from exercise but I do not want to change my calories eaten goals.

Replies

• feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    In the browser client, when you add exercises, you can manually edit the calories and minutes fields before you add them.

I don't know about the mobile clients, sorry.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    lisabee77 wrote: »
    Is there a setting that will NOT add your calories burned from exercise into your daily calorie goal?
    ​No, unfortunately MFP is not set up that way.

You can create a Draft email message and list your daily goals, then save your Draft email. As long as you have access to your email account you can just open the Draft email and look at that to remind you. The good thing with this is that if you change your Calories goal, you can just edit the draft email to add the new information and you will have a history of your goals.
  • corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    I always change my exercise calories to 1 for each exercise. Even though it auto-populates a number, you can still change it.
  • lisabee77
    lisabee77 Posts: 13 Member
    Sigh...thanks. It would be easy for them to just add another line on the food that shows your "original" goals and your "adjusted" goals so I could see where I'm trying to go. I can change my exercise calorie to 1 or 0 but I don't want that, I want to track my calorie burn, I just don't want to eat it back.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    It tells you right in your food diary how many calories were earned from exercise, and you can see that in the reports section as well. If you know what your goal is, you can easily eat to that and ignore the exercise calories.

Maybe I'm not quite following. I don't use the bar graph at the top. I find it more confusing than necessary. The numbers at the bottom are much easier.
  • crashchamp
    crashchamp Posts: 147 Member
    just make sure your remaining equals burned calories?
  • lisabee77
    lisabee77 Posts: 13 Member
    I know it tells me what I earned, but then it doles those out and changes my macros and I have no idea what the original was. I must not be making sense...
    For example: I want to eat 1775 calories (160c, 55f, 160p) every single day no matter what. Yesterday it shows me my goals are 2244 calories (194c, 71f, 207p). How it doles out the macros like that is beyond me. I just want a place to quickly see where I am.

As a temporary solution I have started logging all my food at the beginning of the day before any exercise is recorded and making sure I fall within the calories that are my true goal. Then I stop paying attention. As long as I only eat what's in my journal then I'm fine.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Watch that your total does not go over your set calorie amount.