27.1 pounds down and I haven't noticed yet

Options
2»

Replies

• andrew_in_va
    andrew_in_va Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I noticed my clothes fitting differently much earlier than seeing changes in my appearance. I agree with the others, once I hit 35 pounds I could easily see the difference in my face. Measuring helps a lot with tracking that you are making progress that you may not be noticing.
  • dtcjem
    dtcjem Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Can see difference in your cheeks and chin for sure!. 27 pounds is a great accomplishment. Great Job!
  • aeastin1
    aeastin1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    nehushtan wrote: »
    It happens all over, thighs, waist, neck, arms, fingers and toes, etc.

Go to your grocery store's meat section and pile up 27 lbs of ground beef. That's how much you've lost.

Thats a great way to think about it!! Never thought about it that way!!
  • aeastin1
    Options
    RoseyDgirl wrote: »
    yes, I have a chunky face, and so, my initial weight came out of my neck ... I have wrinkles under my chin that weren't there before, and hopefully as I continue to recomposition my body, those wrinkles and skin will firm up...

so you're lucky to not have to much face weight.

I lost about the same amount as you, and I lost in my chest/back, butt, stomache and neck. (down one pant size, 2 shirt sizes, and still going...)

It's a slow process for me, but as long as it keeps in the downward spiral, I'm not complaining. Feels really good to slide into a pair of pants and think - "well, can't wear these anymore... what can I wear?"

- I spend more time every morning, assessing my clothes and dwindling wardrobe choices than I ever remember doing before....

trying to hold off shopping until after the winter season, though...

That's so awesome! Keep up the great work! I know it feels great either way! My pants have not been overly baggy in the waist but in the thigh area I have noticed a difference.
  • aeastin1
    Options
    I think I will take my measurements this Friday when I weigh in and maybe even surprise myself :)
  • enicus91
    enicus91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You probably won't see anything yet since you see yourself in the mirror everyday, but trust me, it's definitely obvious. Keep going, you'll see it eventually :D
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    You have been working very hard, and I applaud your effort and diligence. However, you are averaging about 4 pound loss a week, which is a very aggressive loss rate, and may not be sustainable for you, especially as you lose more weight.

As you go forward, make sure the changes you are making are changes you can live a very long time with. It will eventually get very noticeable both for you and for others. Best of luck to you!
  • aeastin1
    Options
    MissJay75 wrote: »
    You have been working very hard, and I applaud your effort and diligence. However, you are averaging about 4 pound loss a week, which is a very aggressive loss rate, and may not be sustainable for you, especially as you lose more weight.

As you go forward, make sure the changes you are making are changes you can live a very long time with. It will eventually get very noticeable both for you and for others. Best of luck to you!

Thank you for your advice! I certainly haven't aimed to average 4 pounds a week and do anticipate that to slow down. I literally cut my calorie intake by half and Im still averaging about 1500-1600 a day so I assume that is why it has been coming off so quickly. I am quite heavy now which makes it easier for the weight to fall off.I am prepared for that to slow :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!