Subway sandwich

Options
Subway sandwich's are the worst sandwich you can buy.

If you think they are good, you are wrong

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    I dunno, the pizza subs are pretty darn tasty. With lots of onions!
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Are you talking from a nutritional standpoint or from a taste standpoint?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Mmmm....now I'm hungry for Jimmy Johns. Subway bread is terrible.
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    If made right they can rock. Worked there for 4 years (We were a classy subway, not one of those crappy meth-head running ones) and...well. Lets just say Subway helped me gain 80 pounds. Probably from the loads of free bacon. mmm. Bacon.
  • rseneca724
    rseneca724 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I used to love the Jimmy John's BLT until I looked up the calories in one. I almost cried.
  • chantalebelle
    Options
    ya but the smell of their fresh bread, mmmmmmmm
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    I did like Mr. Sub. Their bread is flakey. It's nice! Quiznos lacks bulk and ingredients. At least at subway I can be like "MOAR VEGGIES!".
  • twinkles2121
    twinkles2121 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    It's unnerving how they never wash those stanky knives... :\ At least the one here never does.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I think they are pretty tasty but I HATE toasted bread so Quiznos stinks in my opinion. But then again, I've found the right combo of ingrediants that suits my taste buds at Subway. Not everyone has necessarily. Not tried Jimmy John's... might need to now... lol.
  • agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Any explanation as to why you think they are the worst sandwich? What else would you suggest for somebody trying to eat a healthier diet?
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    If made right they can rock. Worked there for 4 years (We were a classy subway, not one of those crappy meth-head running ones) and...well. Lets just say Subway helped me gain 80 pounds. Probably from the loads of free bacon. mmm. Bacon.

80lbs is probably from all the gluten.

lolwut?
  • gshifrin
    gshifrin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've been getting the Subway salads lately -- same as the subs but without the bread and with more lettuce/spinach. I think they're pretty good.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking 7-11 sandwiches take the lead in the "worst sandwich you can buy" category. Oh. Or these sandwiches they make for conferences at my job. They're pretty nast.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    They're better than the subs from the locally made places though. The key to getting good ones from our local Subway is to go as early as possible otherwise you may end up with a lazy employee making them. Actually this is the only subway we go to, the others are all full of creepy looking people.
  • agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    What do you have available?

I live in Houston, so many, many options.