Statham vs Arnold

Options
leadslinger17
leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
Was discussing this at lunch today with some friends, who would win in a fight Jason Statham or Arnold Schwarzenegger? (both at their prime, not present day) Does sheer size/strength win out over speed/agility every time? Arnold is much bigger, but Statham is pretty in shape too and has studied martial arts. My friend who posed the question was of the opinion there was no chance of Statham winning.

33.jpg

jason-statham-.jpg

Replies

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Team hotnessStatham all the way.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    2cwskr9.jpg
    Hummmm, let's ponder that
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    If a car chase was involved? Statham.

If an Uzi was involved? Arnold.
  • trinity9058
    trinity9058 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Did Arnold actually learn how to fight though? Statham is fast....and strong....I'm gonna have to go with Statham, mostly because of the hotness lol.
    Joannah700 wrote: »
    If a car chase was involved? Statham.

If an Uzi was involved? Arnold.

Arnold really didn't do a lot of fighting without an uzi!

• Christineclendaniel
    Options
    I think speed and agility would play a role.

On a side note, Statham has always been my favorite... *swoon, drool*
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I don't care who would win in a fight, but Arnold is way hotter =X
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Chuck Norris, John Wayne, Arnold, , , ,in that order. All other men pale in comparison.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Lou would take both of them out...

tumblr_mebhr9YAXL1qec88qo1_500.jpg
  • Benjinkan
    Benjinkan Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Statham would win - whilst Arnold had the more impressive physique (although I personally would rather be built like Statham) he'd lose out to speed and skill.
  • leadslinger17
    Options
    I like how all the women interpreted my question as this being a who is hotter thread, lol. I meant a strict hand to hand fight (no weapons), like imagine these two in an MMA cage fight type of match. And I definitely agree Arnold has the more impressive physique... I just think if Statham is as fast as he appears in his movies and Arnold is as slow as he appears, then I'd think maybe 30% of the time Statham would be able to move fast enough to surprise him. Of course if Arnold got a hold of him he would just crush Statham.
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    one guy is like 5'5 and one guy is like 6'2. Put them in their primes and its not even a contest in a fight.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I think this guy can beat both.

Jet_Li.jpg.jpg
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    quote="LoneWolf_70;30377919"]one guy is like 5'5 and one guy is like 6'2. Put them in their primes and its not even a contest in a fight.[/quote]

Which one is 5' 5"?[

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Statham would win because he's been doing mixed martial arts since he was a kid.
  • leadslinger17
    Options
    Statham is 5'10 and about 175 and Arnold's is (was) 6'2 with a competition weight of 235, so yeah... 65 pounds is a lot.

So you are of the opinion if you are big enough it doesn't matter if you don't have any skills? Bruce Lee was 5'6 and about 145, would you say it wouldn't even be a contest between Statham and Lee then since he has 4 inches on him and 30 lbs?

I'm not saying I disagree (he'd have to have a really good fight to overcome that weight difference), just I don't know that Arnold can necessarily fight. Other than standing around with big guns (i.e. Terminator, etc) I can't think of an impressive fight scene with him. And that would be just learning enough to look good for a 2 minute movie scene. Statham does MMA style fighting as a hobby. Both do their own stunts.
  • GordieLaChance
    Options
    Statham is only fit when filming movies. I've seen him in person multiple times and he always lets himself gain about 30 pounds in between projects. Statham is also much smaller in person than you'd think.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Statham is only fit when filming movies. I've seen him in person multiple times and he always lets himself gain about 30 pounds in between projects. Statham is also much smaller in person than you'd think.

That's just not true. He is known to do MMA as a hobby and has been doing it since he was a kid. While he may not be 6% body fat when he is not working, he's still a very fit man. SMH.