Please help me! I need motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• 55gecko
    55gecko Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am too embarrassed to share what and how I have been eating in detail

Look at my diary from last Friday, you will no longer be embarassed. I will get completely out of control from time to time. I have found that I am best served when I have other people watching what I am doing.

I lost about 20 and then had a very bad (not logged) weekend and stopped tracking all together. I, of course, adopted old habits and went right back to where I was before. I'm back on "the program" now and I am more determined than ever.

• jul3
    jul3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am the same way 55gecko, I will be good for about a week, logging in every day and exercising. I see that 2-3 pd weight loss then overeat and stop logging. Not sure why I do that to myself.

I have hung up a picture of a before and after of a woman who is built like me. I attached a quote to it that says "If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started! And when I started I was desperately wishing I was where I am now." This hangs on the pantry door that holds all the food I should not be eating. I try to look at it and read the quote a few times a day. So far it is working.
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    For me it is the "tiny wins" that keep me going. Such as resisting the temptation to buy a donut at Dunkin Donuts. It's difficult to go through this alone. Surrounding yourself with positive people will keep you motivated to continue in your weight loss journey.

Feel free to add me as a friend - we can do this :)

Karen
  • cwlsr
    cwlsr Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    will keep it short! How about trying something new. How about not using MFP as a social network but focus on living a healthy life mentally and physically. Instead of asking for help; learn how to be healthy and set an good example then others will want to know more about how you did it. Become a resource and motivator to others then you will not need to be motivated. All real motivation comes from within persons themselves if it is to have an lasting effect. Believe in yourself and then others will believe in you. You can do it if you have the real desire to be healthy.