Low carb, calorie dense foods?

Options
I do apologise if this thread has been made before. I'm procrastinating from doing a lab report due tomorrow.

So I've been trying to lower my carb intake just to see what it's like more than anything, but by doing this I never seem to be able to reach my calorie goal. I weight train 4 times a week and do some cardio too, so I think it's important that I reach my goal. I want to stick with this low carb thing for a while to see if I notice any changes and I was wondering what foods I can eat to help bump up my calories.

I already have 3 eggs a day and a chicken breast a day so other food suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you! :D

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    butter, oils, cheese, avocados, nuts, full fat yogurt and milk, steak.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Steak
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Add olive oil or butter to your veggies. Use full fat salad dressings like blue cheese or ranch. Macademia nuts are almost pure fat and soooo tasty. The Atkins website has a great list of low carb foods and recipes if you are looking for inspiration.
  • HaggisWhisperer
    HaggisWhisperer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Switch your chicken breast for chicken thigh - it is higher in fat ( and much tastier in my opinion). Have a Google for some low carb fat bomb recipes as well, they can be handy to up your calories and as a source of healthy fats.
    -
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    20% fat beef mince. The best ratio of calories to carbs is of course the oils - olive, coconut etc.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    butter, oils, cheese, avocados, nuts, full fat yogurt and milk, steak.

This. Plus heavy cream, bacon, mayo
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Look up I breathe i'm hungry cauliflower gratin. It has cheese, butter, and heavy cream in it. A bunch of calories. Fat Bombs are awesome high calorie low carb treats.