How often do you weigh-in?

Replies

• alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    I weigh in once a week at the Dr's office. (Tuesdays)
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    About once every other month. . . I believe more in what measurements mean than what the scale says anyway so I take measurements every other week. I only weight myself to check body fat changes.
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    I usually weigh myself at least once a week, sometimes everyday. Sometimes every other week. Just depends on my mood I guess. But it's ALWAYS first thing in the morning, right after I wake up and use the bathroom. And I do it in my birthday suit. Fluctuations don't bother me. I know they happen, so I don't sweat it.

But I take progress photos around the 1st of every month, and measurements once a week, on Mondays.
  • phillipakj
    phillipakj Posts: 10 Member
    once a month or once every 6 weeks.
  • taylorckt1
    taylorckt1 Posts: 263 Member
    Every 2 weeks when I am doing a challenge; normally every 4 weeks. Yes, as soon as I wake up after my visit to the restroom & naked. I step on & off 3 times to verify and I get the same number. I keep it out of sight in the interim so I'm not tempted to get on it any other time.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    I weigh once a month sometimes longer. I like to see a bigger amount than 1 pound loss :)
  • JasonT1973
    JasonT1973 Posts: 229 Member
    I weigh myself about once every 2-3 weeks at my doctor's office. (no boots - 15EEEE boots add about 4-5lbs)
  • taylorckt1
    taylorckt1 Posts: 263 Member
    As far as measurements go, I measure my upper arm, thigh, neck, chest/breast, hip, waist...
  • iamspdd
    iamspdd Posts: 134 Member
    I weigh in every Sunday with very few exceptions. I used to weigh in twice a week but I can't stand seeing an increase in weight. I take it as a failure and it gets me down. I know in my mind that isn't true, but for some reason I can't handle seeing an increase. So on occasion if sunday comes and I feel I didn't do my best or am having a "feeling heavy day", I will wait another week. It's just what works for me.
    At first it was really hard to wait, but it's easier now.
  • Every morning at 6:30am. More to be consistent and not lose focus.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Never, I go by how my pants fit!! Weighing just stresses you!!
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Every morning. After restroom, before any food or drink. No clothes.

this is me too, now that I am at my goal weight I weigh once a week, but same time, same day. Always in the morning after I go the bathroom right before I jump in the shower. So no clothes.
  • Oh, my trainer also runs this test once a week which passes a low current through me to determine percentage body fat. Do 't know name of device.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    I officially weigh myself once a week, generally in the afternoon right after my workout. I may weigh myself on other days, but more just to see how I fluctuate. I log whatever I get on the official weigh-in day.

I just recently started measuring. I measure neck, chest, waist, navel, hips, wrist, and forearm (widest part).
  • shannongoneau
    shannongoneau Posts: 246 Member
    Every 10 days, first thing in the morning at my gym.
  • Karen918
    Karen918 Posts: 47 Member
    How often do you weigh-in? And do you weigh yourself at the same time, every time?
    My scale will tell me two different numbers if I step on it twice at different times in the same day.
    (i need to stop doing that anyways)

Tips?
    [/quote

Your weight will go up and down in the course of a day and it is totally normal.

I usually weigh myself a couple of mornings a week but only record it once a week.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    I weigh everyday, no clothes on, first thing in the AM after I tinkle.. I prefer to measure more but I like to see the fluctuations.. not everyone can handle that mentally
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    once a week weigh in

2-4 weeks of measurement

pictures 30 days progress.

when you lost up to 10-20 lbs i get something that weigh the same amount and put it on to remind myself. how heavy i was.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    I put my scales away so I can't see them. It reduces the temptation to stand on them through the week and make myself miserable if I have gone up due to water fluctuations!

I take measurements once a month. Only waist and hips. Must start taking bust because those girls have shrunk mightily since I started!! :noway:
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Twice a week...early in the morning, before breakfast.

8488541.png