What do you do when all else fails??

Options
2»

Replies

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    That sounds like such a boring plan and personally I would find it hard to stick to. Where are all the fruits and veggies??? Where are the healthy fats?
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Your total daily calorie burn *could* be that high, the figure you listed, but your BMR isn't. BMR is what you burn if you do exactly nothing all day long. That said, I'm as confused as you are. The only thing I can think of is to get a second opinion!
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    vcinri wrote: »
    The person I consulted with is a certified Dietician.
    This is a typical day;

6:00 am One whole egg, 3 whites, 1 sl. Ezekiel sesame toast
    Dietician plan had 2 Sl.

9:00 am One Quest protein bar, various flavors.

12:00 pm. 1 Joseph's Lavash wrap, home made tuna or chicken salad, (4oz average)
    minimum amount of real mayo. lettuce , tomato.

3:00 pm nothing most of the time.
    Dietician plan had 17-21 almonds and one small fruit.

5:30 pm. 6 oz, lean protein, (chicken or beef) 2/3 cup of carb, either wild rice, potatoes, sweet
    or white. garden salad, oil/vinegar dressing.

Nothing after.

If I am now eating below my bmr would my body react by gaining on a calorie
    increase? If so, would it be short term?

I did a complete endocrine in 2011 and all was normal. Including MRI of my Pituitary
    and Thyroid.

Thanks to all for your help. It is greatly appreciated.
    So, your meal plan isn't the same as your diary. In the past 30 days, how often did you eat that many calories? What was your observed (not your planned) average caloric intake? When you went over, how many calories did you go over by? Are you cooking your eggs with no oil/butter? What do you drink? How are you measuring your food (eyeball, measuring cups/spoons, scale?) For example, 2/3c of "carb" as a measurement is meaningless without knowing what kind, how they're prepared, and how you're measuring that 2/3 cup.