Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Isagenix Tips and Tricks

2»

Replies

• mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    i did specify that it is not magic.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited November 2014
    mykaylis wrote: »

Taking a weight loss product implies there is something in the product that will make one lose weight, when in fact there is not. It is the calorie deficit that causes weight loss, not the product.
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    If you have no time to make your own food you're doomed to failure from the start.. Good excuse though.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Tip? Send it back before the 30 day guarantee money back no questions asks comes around.

Trick? don't buy it in the first place.

this.

OP - just eat less of real food and you will lose weight..

as for not having time t make a meal ..are you saying you don't have time to make quaker instant oats in the morning, or scramble an egg….you can't spend five minutes in the evening making a sandwich and cottage cheese to take to work? If you think about these things, I am sure you can come up with a strategy to eat in a deficit, eat real food, and lose weight….you just need to prioritize time...
  • cyndit1
    cyndit1 Posts: 170 Member
    Hello, I am actually using Isagenix myself to help regain some health after going through over a year of restrictive eating. Its better nutrition than I was doing before and honestly its a no brainer since I don't need to count anything and am not yet ready to start actually logging calories due to the freak out what I will have if I do. No I don't intend to use it forever and will eventually go to 2 meals and 1 shake or bar a day (I actually like the shakes). If it serves a short term purpose for you or you can use it as a stepping stone to better overall nutrition I see nothing wrong with it. Long term, though, only the very rich could afford it and I could definately see immediate weight gain unless you are very intelligent about incorporating real food into your life. Good luck.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    I don't like the program because I don't like the restrictiveness or the "cleanse" philosophy , however they make some pretty damn tasty protein shakes. There's 36g of whey protein in the Isalean Pro, and the chocolate flavour tastes amazing. I don't use it to avoid eating meals, but I sometimes use them when I get bored of my homemade protein and fruit smoothies. It has a lot of vitamin and mineral enrichment, but frankly I'm not convinced that enrichment of isolated micronutrients is as effective or beneficial as eating the whole foods that contain them, so I take these with a grain of salt.

As was said above, no product will make you lose weight, but if it helps you maintain a caloric deficit, and it's got some of your daily macro and micronutrients, it could be useful. In my opinion, the pitfalls of these kinds of things are when you use them so much that your actual food intake is not enough to meet your micronutrient needs, or when you think that using them means you don't have to make any effort at lifestyle change.

Bottom line: some of the products (really just the shakes IMO, but I admit there were lots of things I've never tried and know nothing about) are worth trying to see if you like them and they fit into your overall diet objectives. The program itself is a very expensive way to create a caloric deficit, and doesn't really do a lot of long term good.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    I just realized there are no actual tips and tricks in my reply, so:

1: blend the shakes with ice. the consistency is so much better that way
    2. if you are going to follow the program, at least spend time planning and thinking about what you are going to eat to maintain your loss. If you stop and go back to your old habits, you will regain the weight, and Isagenix is not a viable long term plan.
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    mykaylis wrote: »

Taking a weight loss product implies there is something in the product that will make one lose weight, when in fact there is not. It is the calorie deficit that causes weight loss, not the product.

you are interpreting my statements incorrectly. i said it was a useful meal replacement, NOT that it will cause you to lose weight. and to clarify, the reason i said that you'd have to remain on their products long term is because that is the expectation of the company. one shake for breakfast, healthy lunch, one shake for supper. if you lose weight by doing this (and yes, it does work) it teaches you nothing about long-term weight management, so you're kind of stuck with the product to keep your calories controlled.

i hope i am more clear this time. no magic. just useful product if you'd like a meal replacement.
  • kjohnson571
    kjohnson571 Posts: 1 Member
    I did the 30 day last Sept. Lost 9 lbs. but then decided it was too expensive to continue so stopped. I didn't make the BEST choices but the weight rebounded very fast and then some. The consultant kept telling me that it wasn't a weight loss product, that it was a cellular cleanse and it was all about flooding my body with nutrition. Good food choices will do that, too.

I would advise to instead spend your money on organic produce and lean proteins, use the tools on this site to determine your caloric needs for weightloss, and skip the Isagenix.