Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Thanksgiving Struggle!

Hi All! Just curious if anyone knows any tips or tricks to avoiding the holiday weight gain. I am on a challenge to lose 12 pounds by Christmas, and I need some help to avoid a set back on Thanksgiving. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• mugfilms
    mugfilms Posts: 7 Member
    Don't worry too much about one day. I sympathize that you want to stay on track, but I wouldn't let that get in the way of a justifiably good time.

For myself, I am avoiding bad behaviors in the days/weeks prior to the holidays so that I can enjoy Thanksgiving/Christmas without feeling like a complete lardbag.
    Stay on track, maybe even work a bit harder before and after Thanksgiving, but don't become a social pariah.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Hi All! Just curious if anyone knows any tips or tricks to avoiding the holiday weight gain. I am on a challenge to lose 12 pounds by Christmas, and I need some help to avoid a set back on Thanksgiving. Thanks in advance!

I'd say: eat as you normally would, with a small cushion. Don't think: it's just one day, eat all the pies. But don't think: I'm on a diet, can't have a slice of pie. Just be reasonable. If it's a workout day, work out. if it's a rest day, rest. Just don't take it toooooo far out of the norm.