Buddies: Extreme Weight Loss?

Options
13»

Replies

• Acacia2India
    Acacia2India Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hey - there's a group that I'm a part of on here that is for those of us who have more than 100 lbs to lose - I've found some great support on there recently.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I havent just started but anyone is welcome to add me as a friend but these are a must for me.
    you log regularly on mfp
    you give support back for the support you receive form me
    that you comment on post and do not just use the like button
    good luck on your journey
  • MomtoFran
    MomtoFran Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    mamadon wrote: »
    Dan has some great advice! I am maintaining now, but lost 125. Getting past the first months is the toughest until you make it a habit. Also like he already said, just remember you will occasionally fall off the wagon, this is NOT a reason to give it up, it just being human. You might also lose your motivation sometime. The trick is you do it whether you feel motivated or not. Having a lot to lose can be overwhelming. Just take it a day at a time, a pound at a time.

Hello Mamadon,
    How are you doing? May I ask, is there a specific plan that you followed or basically, you went by what MFP set for you as far as cabs/proteins/fats? Thank You! I was doing Atkins Diet, but want to convert fully to MFP. Thank You!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    MomtoFran wrote: »
    mamadon wrote: »
    Dan has some great advice! I am maintaining now, but lost 125. Getting past the first months is the toughest until you make it a habit. Also like he already said, just remember you will occasionally fall off the wagon, this is NOT a reason to give it up, it just being human. You might also lose your motivation sometime. The trick is you do it whether you feel motivated or not. Having a lot to lose can be overwhelming. Just take it a day at a time, a pound at a time.

Hello Mamadon,
    How are you doing? May I ask, is there a specific plan that you followed or basically, you went by what MFP set for you as far as cabs/proteins/fats? Thank You! I was doing Atkins Diet, but want to convert fully to MFP. Thank You!

Hello Momtofran! I just counted calories and exercised more and that's it. I really didn't pay any attention to carbs, fat etc. I had tried low carb before but could never sustain it. I ate around 1200 to 1300. If I had a craving for something I would budget my calories so I could have it. I weigh and measure all of my food and I have a fitbit also.
  • jnnfrch
    jnnfrch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Heyy, im looking to lose a fair amount of weight! bit scared about loose skin though and flab...

feel free to add me anyone, hopefully we can motivate eachother we're in this together!
  • spydrrwmn
    Options
    I'm just starting out...again, and need to lose 100lbs. I lost a bunch with mfp in 2012 but didn't keep up with the app and gained back 40. I know it works! I would love to encourage and be encouraged as well. Let's do this :-)