How much is too much?

Options
After maintaining some lost weight for a few years, I've just about lost the remainder. I'm 5'8, just dipped under 150, and I know that I'm probably in my "goal" range, but I'd like to lose as much fat as I can before I switch to maintenance. Any suggestions? My plan is to maintain and continue to do bodyweight exercises. I'm not looking to do any (major) bulking. I'm just aiming for balance, not scrawny, but not bulky either. Just practical I guess.

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    You will not get bulky eating at a deficit, or even maintenance, that takes a caloric surplus, time, and a body building program.

Not sure what you are asking, is "what" much too much???
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    You will not get bulky eating at a deficit, or even maintenance, that takes a caloric surplus, time, and a body building program.

Not sure what you are asking, is "what" much too much???

This OP

• Jreeves9210
    Jreeves9210 Posts: 19 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    My bad, I was originally going to put this into the general/weight loss board, but I wasn't sure it if falls more under maintenance or not. I'm wondering how much would be too much weight to lose
  • Abstraktimus
    Abstraktimus Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My bad, I was originally going to put this into the general/weight loss board, but I wasn't sure it if falls more under maintenance or not. I'm wondering how much would be too much weight to lose

First of all, well done! You look great.
    You always have to be safe, if you are happy with where you are then you should think about switching to maintaining whenever you are happy with the progress you've made. Everyone will be different but you have to make sure you are not going overboard! 5'8, healthy weight would be 140lbs but that's a general guideline for every Tom, Dick and Harry. If you get to 145 and you're happy with your body then no-one can tell you any different!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    At 5'8" 170 i
    Danji13 wrote: »

You always have to be safe, if you are happy with where you are then you should think about switching to maintaining whenever you are happy with the progress you've made. Everyone will be different but you have to make sure you are not going overboard! 5'8, healthy weight would be 140lbs but that's a general guideline for every Tom, Dick and Harry. If you get to 145 and you're happy with your body then no-one can tell you any different!

At 5'8" 170 is considered healthy too. It really depends on the amount of lean body mass you have and how much fat you want to carry around.
    as an example, in my profile pic I am 5'6" 142
  • Abstraktimus
    Abstraktimus Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    At 5'8" 170 i
    Danji13 wrote: »

At 5'8" 170 is considered healthy too. It really depends on the amount of lean body mass you have and how much fat you want to carry around.
    as an example, in my profile pic I am 5'6" 142

Yeah, sorry submitted that too early. My boss was over my shoulder haha. As erickirb says, it depends on what your goal is and what bf%. It's not about how much you weigh, it's about how smart you are when you're working out, eating etc.