Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    nay
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    RHachicho wrote: »
    The only organisms that have to worry about food timing are called Mogwai.

They definitely shouldn't eat after midnight.

Bad stuff happens.

HAHAHAHAHA toooo funny!

Thanks guys!
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    DanaHerro wrote: »
    If you like fruit, eat it.
    If you don't, don't.

Life shouldn't have any "hands off" foods.

Eat what you like. Eat at a deficit. Exercise.

ENJOY LIFE

^^ this.

Don't over think it.

I don't like most fruits. Therefore, I would naturally choose vegetables over fruit. But that's my choice.

• Tea_Mistress
    Tea_Mistress Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I almost always have some fruit with breakfast mmm <3
  • Kiwi_Made
    Kiwi_Made Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love fruit!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    You don't 'have' to eat fruit, but if you do, try to eat it before 1pm or so. Stick it in a shake for sweetness or in yogurt. I have about 2-3 cups a day of fruit max. I eat a lot of veggies myself.

The only part that you should follow is the bolded. Timing makes no difference as long as you brush your teeth well before going to bed, especially after eating fruit because of the acids and sugar and the potential effect on teeth.

Seriously though, fruit is yummy but not essential as long as you are getting the micronutrients and fiber from other foods.

58841349.png

Agree

But to add, please do NOT brush your teeth within half hour of eating anything, if you must eat a lump of cheese first

• lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    DanaHerro wrote: »
    If you like fruit, eat it.
    If you don't, don't.

Life shouldn't have any "hands off" foods.

Eat what you like. Eat at a deficit. Exercise.

ENJOY LIFE

This!
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    If anyone tried to tell me I couldn't eat bananas, blueberries and avocados - I'd eat their face instead.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I eat a few apples a day, love them! I also eat grapes and berries each day too. I eat them because i like them.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Eat it. Especially bananas, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and apples.

These are my fruits I like to eat. I generally only eat one serving a day! Oh, add avocado as well...

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I think humanity can thrive on a variety of diets. However, I personally eat fruit with breakfast everymorning, and a piece of fruit later on in the day as well.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I eat probably 3-4 servings of fruit every day. I stay within my calorie level. For me, it curbs my sweet tooth. I think we all have to figure out what works for us.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    terbusha wrote: »
    I've never seen anyone get overweight from eating too many apples.

Allan

You'd be surprised! I watched a TV programme on diets a few years ago and one woman ate what appeared to be be a healthy diet, with lots of fruit. She couldn't understand her weight gain. When they totted up the calories, it was clear she'd been underestimating the calories in fruit. That really stuck with me. It wouldn't be a risk for most people, but for people with a low calorie amount, 10 portions of fruit at 50 - 100 calories per portion, can be quite a significant proportion of their daily calorie allowance. And there's a tendency to mentally minimise the calories because it's "good" food.

For that reason, I tend to replace fruit with lower calorie veg. (And I'm aware that I sometimes forget that veg has calories too!).

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Yay. I love fruit.

I've been eating so many more raspberries since starting this program, because 6g of dietary fibre per 100g? Awesome! I only wish they weren't so expensive to buy out of season. Apples are another big win for me, since they were just in season and they're delicious. I love berries of all kinds, peaches and melon in summertime, and tomatoes pretty much year-round.

I eat lots of veggies, too. But fruit is sweet, not savoury, so I really enjoy snacking on it or adding it to yogurt and such.

Just skip the fruit juice and eat the actual fruit.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Moderation. HealthFirst (Hirsch) says 3-4 portions a day, with a portion being what will fit in the palm of your hand. An apple is one, banana is two, only enough grapes to fit in your cupped hand. I like to eat an apple half an hour before dinner. I find it helps me with portion control because I am not as hungry when I sit down to the meal.

more than a handful is wasted?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBn6gZrtVFw8-uGs5GxaZmRHNgAlgr-fS9q9fbMTxUF7LhpWSg
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    "I got fat because I eat too many apples" ~Said no one ever.