What's For Breakfast, Everyone?

Options

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Weekdays (when I work), chocolate protein shake with powdered peanut butter, unsweetened soy milk, maca powder, cacao powder and flax meal (when I remember to add it). :smile:
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Eggs when I have time (sometimes with toast or tortillas, sometimes not). Otherwise, protein shake or Greek yogurt smoothie when I'm on the go. Or just coffee and milk. I'm not a "breakfast" person usually, I just put enough in my belly to wake me up. I much prefer to eat more later in the day.
  • balvis3919
    balvis3919 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    2 pan fried eggs (cooked with pam not oil)
    1 thomas' light multi-grain english muffin (toasted)
    EGG SAMMICH!!!!!!!!
    came out to 240 calories.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Protein/fiber bar.... I know it is lame BUT that is sort of how my morning goes. I'll eat better for lunch and dinner but mornings usually consist of meal replacement. I used to eat nothing prior to lunch but I have at least made an effort to do the bars.
  • momo_iro
    momo_iro Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal, literally every day.. :) Keeps me full and energetic throughout the morning
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    My (technically) breakfast for today is amazing creamy chia pudding. 2 tbsp chia seeds, 2 tbsp oatmeal, 1.25 cup almond milk, some maple syrup, vanilla and a couple teaspoons of lemon juice. All in a blender until really smooth then in the fridge for a few hours. After that I mashed a banana and combined it with the pudding, and topped it with a dusting of cinnamon, dried coconut and a few raisins.

Thick and creamy 450 calories of goodness that fills me up for hours.
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    An English muffin with Nutella and cashew butter!

And a protein shake post gym a couple of hours ago.

Double breakfast!!
  • andreavan28
    andreavan28 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    lets see I have 2 egg whites,
    a piece of whole wheat toast with sugar free strawberry jelly
    1 oz of Colby jack cheese
    8oz of oj... and of course my coffee
    329 calories for breakfast today
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I think your breakfasts look fine as long as you count that within your defecit target and don't get starving later

personally I have breakfasts of around 200 calories - sometimes 350 ..

this week I've had (and I always count 50 calories for a 100ml Semi-skimmed milk in this allowance for my daily coffees)

Sachet of porridge (Oat So Simple) made with water and 5g honey (180 Calories)

White Farmhouse bread toasted topped with about 2 scrambled egg whites with mushrooms and 10g grated cheddar (232 Calories)

2 slices white farmhouse bread toasted with 2 rashers grilled bacon (fat removed), 5g butter and 15g of tomato ketchup (360 calories)

bizarrely the porridge is my favourite generally

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    This morning will be a two-egg veggie omelet with crumbled Feta cheese.
  • clafairy1984
    clafairy1984 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    You can still eat your cooked breakfast, as long as you grill everything and demonstrate portion control. I treat myself to a cooked breakfast on Sundays.

2 grilled bacon
    2 scrambled eggs
    100g mushrooms
    1 slice wholegrain toast
    tomatoes or spinach to get at least 1 of 5 a day in there.

Works out at about 450 calories. So there's no reason not to have what you like to eat.
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    a glass of milk and 2 bananas, today
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Homemade banana oaties. You only need bananas and oats to make them - very simple! I got the recipe from Hungry Healthy Happy so can't pretend it's my own. I make a batch once a week and even if I'm having breakfast on the go, I've got a healthy choice. I often take two and put a small amount of peanut butter and honey between them. You can eat them at your desk (which often happens to me) without making a huge mess.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    personally I like your first breakfast idea - although I'd swap the bread for mushrooms. what do you mean by 'breakfast meat'? many meats commonly eaten for breakfast tend to be on the heavily processed side which aren't great for your long-term health (basically the ONLY meats that have been shown to be bad for your health).

I tend to avoid commercially prepared cereals which can be high in sugar. I delay my breakfast until morning tea break. I find I can last that long, but if I eat first thing I'm STILL hungry at tea break, so it saves me a few hundred calories.

My breakfast, in eight minutes time, will be:

homemade muesli (I buy rolled oats, porridge oats, barley flakes, rye flakes, dried fruit and add sunflower and pumpkin seeds)
    greek yoghurt.

if I had cooking facilities at work I would be having 'dinner' type foods.
  • ScottDowell
    ScottDowell Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Take a healthy diet during your breakfast. As, it is your first meal of the day so take it properly because it gives you energy throughout your day. Don;t eat too much oily food have juice fruits. etc.
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Weekdays it's a fruit/protein smoothie (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, bananas, 200-250ml unsweetened almond milk, half a scoop whey protein isolate. If I have extra fruit laying around I'll add it. I might be putting in some kiwi and persimmon's soon, I have too many on my counter to eat before they go bad) with a boiled egg. Lately I've added a yogurt with 10g of sliced almonds and .5 tsp of bee pollen. It's about 512 calories which is way better than what I used to eat (I used to have about 1000-1200 calories for breakfast, eggs, bacon, hasbrowns, toast adds up fast)

On weekends it's a little unhealthier since I tend to makes scrambled eggs and hashbrowns. I do like adding extra egg whites and I'll sometimes put mushrooms, spinach, cheese on the eggs. Sometimes I'll simply poach my eggs in spinach and add a ton of garlic. I also limit myself to 1 cup of hashbrowns (I used to have 3-4 cups). These breakfasts range from 600-800 calories but I don't tend to snack as much on weekends since I eat later so it balances out. I figure as long as I stay within my daily calorie goal I'm good.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    1 cup Cheerios before treadmill. 1/2 Lite multi-grain English muffin with Cream cheese and chives a little later in the AM.
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    SLHysell wrote: »
    I have a protein bar for breakfast ever day. Today it was a crunchy chocolate Pure Protein bar. Yummy. I like a larger dinner, so I go really light in the morning.

I also like larger dinners too (and apparently larger breakfasts and lunches, which is what got me into this situation in the first place.). There is something psychologically satisfying (for me at least) about having a large dinner after a long day of work.

But if dietary willpower is all in the mind, then I may have to work on changing my mindset.

You feel satisfied with that one protein bar? How long between your breakfast and your next meal / snack?

Long Answer:
    My breakfast used to consist of a 3 Little Debbie snack cakes and a pint of milk that I bought at a convenience store, then I'd get to work and crack open a 20 oz Pepsi. Clerks and customers often commented that I was buying the "breakfast of champions". Once I made the decision to get healthy, I switched to granola bar(s) and still bought that milk at the same convenience store. Then I discovered Pure Protein bars. I was surprised that I could eat only one and feel satisfied, but that is exactly how it works out. Soon after making that switch, I was even able to dump the milk. I still have a soda after arriving at work at 7am, but now it's a Coke Zero which is zero calories. I sort of nurse that little 12oz drink until lunch time at 11am.

Short answer:
    Yes, it does satisfy me, and the supplemental morning Coke Zero completes the picture.
    Breakfast at around 6:30am and Lunch at 11:00am
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Water
  • detarrevo
    Options
    I am having two scrambled eggs with 1/3 cup of shredded Colby jack cheese in it and 3 slices of Virginia ham. I am also having a cup of grapes.