I keep forgetting I am in 3-D

Options
I look down and feel really good about the progress I have made over these months. Still can't see my toes, but I'm getting there. I don't look at bloated as I did.

But then I walk past a mirror and get a side-view of what I look like, and realize I still have a long way to go. I still have a roll hanging over my belt. It isn't as big a roll as it was before, but it's still there.

I didn't gain this weight overnight, and I can't expect to lose it overnight either. But sometimes it can be difficult not to get frustrated.

Replies

• Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Frustration is par for the course.

Work at it until frustration turns into elation.

You're making progress. That's what counts.
  • skylerblue4
    skylerblue4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've done exactly what you are doing. I've made great progress but find I'm critical with what I currently look like. How could I forget where I came from so quickly? So cut it out right now! Look at the path you are on! You've GOT this! Just keep swimming! :)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Use that frustration towards your goal.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I have those same thoughts with my side view. My solution, in order to not get discouraged, is to avoid looking at myself that way. I know it is really simplistic but it works for me. I can't change how my body holds weight so I'm just changing how I look at my body, in both a literal and figurative sense.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Use that frustration towards your goal.

That's what I was going to say: let the frustration fuel your motivation.

Also, we are all WAY too self-critical. Talk to that person you see in the mirror as you would a stranger who has made the progress you have! Certainly, you wouldn't point out to them that they still have a ways to go. Why tell yourself that? Be positive!
  • Lshona
    Lshona Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    You've made progress! Don't give up! We are our own worst enemies.