KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
Show me your waffles >_>
Or pancakes too... I ain't judge-y
;)

Replies

• LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I have no pictures but were a no-waffle/pancake household :( We do make applesauce pancakes on some Sundays, though!
  • KameHameHaaaa
    Options
    I have no pictures but were a no-waffle/pancake household :( We do make applesauce pancakes on some Sundays, though!

Interesting, how do you make applesauce pancakes? I always like trying new recipes.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Wish I had taken pictures of my beautiful buttermilk pancakes of a couple weeks ago. Even better than the restaurant's... big and fluffy... YUM.

But I got these... oatmeal pumpkin pancakes.

DSC_1837_zps31e6d5f5.jpg[img][/img]
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Ain't got no pics... but my new favorite pancakes are made with: Krusteaz pancake mix, canned pumpkin, lots of cinnamon, nutmeg, chopped pecans, and a sprinkle of brown sugar. YUM.
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Is that code for something? Waffle? Pancake? So confused.
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options

Interesting, how do you make applesauce pancakes? I always like trying new recipes.

Sunday is experiment day in our house. I make some random food without a recipe and see how it works out. I'll give you an actual measured recipe instead of me just saying "Put some applesauce and milk in a bowl..."

1 1/2 cupsunbleached flour
    1 tablespoonbaking powder
    3/4 cupapplesauce
    1 cup1% low-fat milk
    2 egg whites, lightly beaten

Mix them together and cook like a normal pancake! Most people serve with hot syrup but I warm up some more applesauce and put it on top with a little bit of honey. :)
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Aha! Besides the lower calories, THIS is why I should've gotten waffles for lunch today!
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of making blue waffles in honor of the Winter Solstice, but I'll have to use Google to find the recipe again.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    RivenV wrote: »
    I was thinking of making blue waffles in honor of the Winter Solstice, but I'll have to use Google to find the recipe again.

The blue ones are my favorite!
  • KameHameHaaaa
    Options
    RivenV wrote: »

I see what you did there.. >_> Fortunately my early years of AOL usage have already put me through most of what the internet has to offer in shock value haha
  • KameHameHaaaa
    Options
    This is my cornbread waffle I used as a vehicle for my mom's chili :) and some cheese
    h4uy22kkjlgq.jpg

And the pancakes I made the other day, topped with toasted coconut and coconut cream cheese.
    or618p91bp44.jpg
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    This is my cornbread waffle I used as a vehicle for my mom's chili :) and some cheese

It's lunchtime, I'm hungry, and I want to pull that cornbread waffle out of the screen! Looks yummy!

We don't make waffles or pancakes at home, but now and then I got out for a belgian waffle at my favorite whole-in-the-wall breakfast joint. So good.