boot camp

I am just getting back to using FP and getting my nutrition on track before the holidays hit! My question is how do I figure calories out for my bootcamp class?

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,959 Member
    edited November 2014
    I use the "circuit training" entry.
    ETA: And I take the calories it tells me and divide by 2.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Getting an accurate count for a boot camp class is kind of hard to do because 1) motion trackers don't work very well, 2) HRM's can be unreliable because of the varying intensity and 3) it is highly dependent upon how much effort you put into the class. The best you can do is make an educated guess based on your performance as compared to other calculated exercises and then either don't eat the calories back or only eat up to 50% of the calculated calories. You will have to make adjustments over time dependent upon your results.
  • marisas80
    marisas80 Posts: 116 Member
    I use a HRM (Polar). But I don't eat my calories back so no big deal if it's not 100% accurate.
  • bootcamp85
    bootcamp85 Posts: 64 Member
    wilsonc16 is right.......but I go to bootcamp 5 days a week and I do calculate this under circuit training........Im pretty sure it is not spot on because some days I sweat buckets up in there and think to myself I probably have burned more calories then what this site gives me, but I just go with it...........going to bootcamp anyway makes me feel good and I know im burning a ton of calories.....