Quit trying to intimidate with big words

Options
14567810»

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    It's called a dictionary my friend... use it... You can even find free ones online. ;)

• Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I no longer require an extensive vocabulary since discovering that I'm an alpha.
    dbacbd65eb8b5cc9c732a3bc577746c1a17d5c896307e9f23633769c88dd57bd.jpg
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    Ummmm...I work in education and people use big words all the time. Not to intimidate, but because their educational experience and knowledge allows them to express themselves with a larger vocabulary.

The issue here is that people FEEL intimidated or dumb because they don't know what a word means. Get over it and ask what it means or look it up. It is a great learning opportunity.

Are you calling me dumb?

Never. Being mentally challenged is never something educated people bring up in casual conversation. That's rude.

• EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I find your "intimidation" to be mendacious‎. Please go back to your happy life of brachiation and masticating bananas.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    This thread is getting off topic! Back on track now though...
    hippo-juice-o.gif
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    dF00m.jpg
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    No, I just have a sense of humour and can pick a joke thread when I see one. Especially when it has multiple pages of hippopotamus pics :)

Darling. I think after the OP, we begin discussing the actual subject. Sometimes tangents and opinions vary. It's so cute, how you are.