Bento: An Option for Lunch

Options
t0ivk098eq1i.jpg

I know some people worry about what they are going to bring to work for lunches and I wanted to show mine for tomorrow. It's about 580 calories. It would be about 480, but I put some dressing to dip the veggies in, very non Japanese. Fruit would bring the calorie count down a lot, but I did not want to bother.

It's been a hobby of mine for years, which my husband and son have always loved, but I find it very useful when dieting. You see, it's very hard to feel deprived when you open up something this pretty for your lunch, even if the box is quite small.

This particular bento took me about ten minutes to assemble, as it's actually made out of leftovers.

If you are interested in learning about Bento, Maki Itoh, an international writer, probably has the best bento site out there -- Just Bento. Her writing style is down to earth and charming. I get nothing out of recommending it. I just love her stuff.

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    :+1:
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I realky like this idea! I have seen the bento boxes at the grocery store but hadn't an idea what I could do with it. This will majorly help w portion control! Thanks!