Hello

Hello everyone!

I am new to myfitnesspal and I love it! I am on day 28, and can't wait to get on the scale here in a few days. I am using this app because I need to get my weight down, and I want my figured back. Two years ago I had a major back surgery which took me a good two years to recover. I am slowly becoming more active, and thanks to this app, I'm eating healthy again! I also lost my mom a year and a half ago, had high prolactin levels, and developed Narcolepsy. I spent this past year sleeping because I couldn't stay awake. Thankfully with my doctors' help, my Narcolepsy is under control for the most part. We also got my prolactin levels back down to normal. My goal is to lose 70 pounds, and I'm hoping to achieve this in less than two years. Anyway... nice to meet you all and I'm happy to be a part if this forum. Good luck everyone!

Replies

• Welcome! I'm only on day 3 myself and I've found so much support, I don't know how anyone exercises without this site.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Welcome to MFP.
    I think you can easily lose the 70lbs in only 1 year if you are pedantic about eating at a deficit.
    I am 61 years old - 5'4" tall and lost 60lbs in just over 9 months. And although very active, I didn't do any "Structured" exercise during this time.
    Best of luck on your new healthier lifestyle journey! You can do this!
  • luv2fly11
    luv2fly11 Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you for the welcome! Is it possible to add you both as friends? Support and friendship would be fabulous! I'm really new, and just learning how to navigate. Ryan... The best of luck to you.. You'll love this app! And AmigaMaria.. Fantastic! 60 pounds in a year! Amazing results. I have come up below my allowed calories almost every day for the past 28 days. Some days I'm in a calorie deficit of over 400 calories. This is great having others working on the same goals. Blessings, Peggy
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Hi Peggy, and welcome to MFP! Your goal is totally doable! Feel free to add me as a friend!