This is finally me.. low carb Thanksgiving Question

Options
After a life time of yo-yo and almost making my goal and finally settled on a little lower goal that works, which I met last week...hooray! Visited my "eating counselor" and stayed exactly the same for a week.. again hooray!

I am low carb and truly credit my ability to finally reach my goal to this. My question is to any of you who are long term maintainers

What kinds of things did you add when you got a few more calories and hence a little more carbs? I am thinking I would like to have oatmeal for breakfast sometimes ... but other than drinking wine again, I'm not sure what I'd like to add.

I'm old and short, so we're only talking 200 calories here. Thanks for you positive advice.

Replies

• kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Lord.. just read my own post.. I meant to say.. that unlike the rest of my life, I finally not only met my goal, but set a lower goal which I met. Honestly
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    CONGRATS! First & foremost.

I think it just depends on what you like & if you can keep it within a proper portion size.

I didn't really increase my calories or carbs per say between losing & maintaining. I'm 4'10" so I've just made peace with it that I won't be able to go above a certain amount of calories due to my petite stature.

For me, I just switched to a different type of carbs so that I could have more of if I so choose.

ie. white rice --> brown rice --> quinoa

Good luck!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Congrats! When I had a couple hundred calories to add, it ended up looking like an additional breakfast but in the afternoon for a snack, e.g. Greek yogurt w/ a piece of fruit & flax seeds. My favorite most filling snack is "pricy" at 315kcal=1oz almonds, 1 oz good cheddar, 1/2 oz dried figs; 5g fiber, 14g protein.

I also "reserve" about 150kcal/day for wine on weekends.
  • sukti
    sukti Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are my inspiration. I am 46 now and its high time I took my weight seriously and lost some 80lbs or so. You look great and I am very happy for you.
    Best
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thank you all.. :) Sukti.. you can do it.