50 Pounds Lighter! (with pictures, of course!)

Options
Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. This is a sort of update to my "30 pounds lost" post from awhile ago. I'm now down to my goal weight - although now that I see how I look at this weight, I think I want to go a bit lower and continue to build muscle. I'm continuing to work on my running - both endurance and speed and will be participating in my first 5k on Thanksgiving morning. I'm lifting "heavy" (heavy in quotes because I'm not up to very heavy weights yet), using the Stronglifts program with a borrowed weight set at home (thank you to my brother for the loaner!). I've been slowly transitioning my diet adding in more complex carbs while still trying to keep my protein intake high.

On a more personal level, the last few months have been truly life-changing ones in more ways that just losing the weight. My husband told me he wanted to get divorced on the day I hit 30 pounds lost. This blow sent me reeling for a bit, but I am now realizing I am going to be SO much better off. Right now I am in the thick of things and it's not easy. I worry all the time about how it's affecting our children, what I am going to do for money, our future...but I have confidence that these things will all work out because I truly believe we will both be happier not being married to each other. But, that doesn't make it any easier to deal with the day to day trials and tribulations. I am so thankful that I started getting in shape before this all happened because I'm at that point in my fitness level where I actually enjoy running and working out (this was definitely not the case when I started!) and I am able to use working out as a great stress-reliever.

Thanks so much for reading and all of your support. I have gotten some amazing encouragement from friends l have met here at MFP and they have kept me going during the difficult times. THANK YOU!

Now for the pictures...I'm still figuring out how to use the new posting format, sorry...
Before picture was taken on June 3rd - a month or two into my weight loss - I'm probably about 10 - 15 pounds lighter here than at my heaviest.
The red dress picture was taken about a month ago before my friend's wedding. I'm maybe 5 - 7 pounds lighter now.
And the most current picture - me in my workout clothes.
hd14mat7bcjq.jpg
ghwlkt4xz9uk.jpg
3iqmqjlzvuwk.jpg

Replies

• Lady_Sugarcookie
    Lady_Sugarcookie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Way to go lady!! Are you on to maintaining?
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! Wow lots of stress and no stress eating! great work-sincerely good wishes to you and your new life ahead- hope your peaceful time comes-with you being strong and healthy in mind & body you and the babes will be well and okay too-beautiful person inside & out!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Wow...big difference! Well done :)
  • sarahwinder78
    sarahwinder78 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Yes, I'm slowly moving towards maintenance now. I'm upping my calories very slowly - it's great to be able to be a bit more relaxed with food again. And, it definitely was difficult not to stress eat. Thankfully, I had already lost a good portion of the weight before the separation began and so whenever I had the urge to go eat instead of exercise I just reminded myself how hard I had worked to lose the weight and I didn't want that to be in vain - especially because it was so hard at first.
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    wow! congratulations on an amazing accomplishment and the will to persevere :smiley:
  • VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Well Done you- Keep up the Great Work!
  • Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Well done. And I am sorry about your divorce! :disappointed:
    I think you've done so well not to comfort eat and exercise instead. Seriously - well done xx
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Brilliant job, you look fantastic x
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Well done! Keep up the good work!
  • nogrows
    nogrows Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow you are amazing! I think it is incredible that you are so honest about your life. That color red looks great on you (the dress as well).
  • tealskater
    tealskater Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow - massive congratulations!! You look amazing, and have done so well!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look wonderful. Best of luck to you and your family.
  • vlm140
    vlm140 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Keep up the great work.
  • dwozniak16
    dwozniak16 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You look unbelievable!
    Congrats on the success!
    You look great girl!!
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weightloss! I went through a separation this summer - we were together for 5 1/2 years and it was one of the hardest things I've gone through, but like you I know it's for the best and even if at the time it didn't seem great, I'm going to move on to bigger and better things (except I'm not going to be bigger!!!). My partner turned into someone I didn't even know during our separation, things got very ugly and I'm thankful we decided to wait to have children.

I can tell you're going to be amazing - and things always work out for the best, even if it doesn't seem like it right now. I've been having a few rough months myself but I have found my workouts have kept me somewhat sane and grounded when all I want to do is curl up in my bed and sleep or cry the days away.

You look absolutely amazing - congrats on the success you've experienced :)
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Having your workouts to focus on will really help in getting you through the divorce. Unfortunately I can say I've been there too. But you really will be happier in the end without someone whose heart isn't in it dragging you down.
  • Tikibar72
    Tikibar72 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Outstanding work that you've done for yourself! Most impressive!!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, amazing transformation! Kudos to you for amazing strength too, many people would have turned to stress eating. Seriously, props :)
  • icanplay3
    icanplay3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are beautiful! PS~ I love the little feet in the "before" pic :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!