Why is MFP changing my daily calorie intake?

Options
Okay, I'm frustrated! I was told by my thyroid doc to keep it at 1440. I've been losing about 1 lb per week. So, it's slow and I'm eating a clean healthy diet. What's up??? MFP ups it to 1800. That is too much!!! Anybody know? :grumble:

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Check your settings and see if it somehow switched from lose weight to gain or maintain.
  • craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Mine also keeps changing. The dietitian put me at 1400 and it keeps changing to 1460. She also has me on 70 protein a day and that also keeps changing. And everytime they change it I keep forgetting how I change it back. Frustrating.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Mine also keeps changing. The dietitian put me at 1400 and it keeps changing to 1460. She also has me on 70 protein a day and that also keeps changing. And everytime they change it I keep forgetting how I change it back. Frustrating.

The protein numbers will change when you enter exercise, as MFP only allows you to set it as a percentage.

In order to stick with what your dietician recommends, I suggest you enter exercise as 1 calorie burnt, or enter it only at the end of the day after you have eaten.
  • Gina_stuckless
    Options
    i'm trying to figure out how to change my calorie intake settings on here im just using the computer for it my phone is out. Does any one knopw how to do this??
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

The protein numbers will change when you enter exercise, as MFP only allows you to set it as a percentage.

In order to stick with what your dietician recommends, I suggest you enter exercise as 1 calorie burnt, or enter it only at the end of the day after you have eaten.

I don't input my exercise because I don't want MFP to grant extra calories based on calorie burn estimates that may be too high. Most of weight loss is calorie reduction. I record my workouts on a phone app whose data can be exported to a spreadsheet.