29 pounds in 6 weeks - broke the 200's mark

Options
trmulder
trmulder Posts: 10 Member
Hey myfitnesspal,

I just want to make my first "official" post (i.e. I'm a new lurker) :).

Long story short my weight has been creeping up over the last few years since I graduated from college / got married / etc. I've always "loved to eat", but I'm learning day by day to "eat to live".

Over the last 6 weeks I've started a MFP account and faithfully tracked my food (& definitely made major food choice changes also) / exercise and the results in my opinion have been pretty remarkable:
  • Starting weight: Approximately 329 lbs
  • 1st Goal: Getting down to 290 lbs by the time I see my Doctor again for a follow up on Dec. 1 - the Monday after the Thanksgiving weekend...WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!

So as of this morning, November 20 I'm down to 299.8. I'm feeling healthier and am happy with my progress to date. This site has really helped and I wanted to give some encouragement to others finding themselves in my situation. Can't wait to reach 290 so I can begin my next goal of 250 lbs.

Oh yeah...almost forgot I'm also looking for a couple of MFP friends as well.

Replies

• bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Awesome awesome awesome for you!!!!!!! This is great to see!!! :)
  • trmulder
    Options
    At Graham,
    Forgot to mention I've been lifting as well. My Olympic weights had been collecting dust in the basement. I have the ability to do bench, squat (once I lose some weight...my L knee is pretty bad), curls, leg extensions, etc. It's all free weights so I have A LOT of flexibility. Right now I'm just working on overall strength (i.e. I used to lift a lot as a college football player). Still pretty strong but not 3 times a week strong yet. Thanks for the word of encouragement.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Awesome and congrats on the milestone of getting into the 200's. Def' a good feeling. Keep it up.
  • cycov
    cycov Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Nice Job!! It is a good feeling not to be in the 300s anymore. Keep it up.
  • optionsgod
    optionsgod Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Did you do any kind of cardio ?
  • trmulder
    Options
    Yeah...I was walking my dog an hour or more (pretty brisk pace) until the weather turned subarctic. Now I'm relegated to my man room in the basement with my exercise bike every morning at 6:00am (don't feel sorry for me, I've got Netflix that seems to trick my brain into somewhat enjoying it...there something about watching TV episodes without commercial. I can knock out a 45-50 min. session in without too much of a problem. I've always been pretty active...that's not the problem. I just never had my diet under any kind of control (i.e. see food...eat food...repeat). I actually am a cyclist as well, but the winter months are impossible for getting on the bike here in Michigan.
  • trmulder
    Options
    :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!