Zumba on the Elliptical!

cmw72
cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
As I was using the elliptical tonight, I got the idea to incorporate some of the Zumba mentality into my workout. I've been doing Zumba a lot lately, and I was listening to the actual Zumba soundtrack while I was on the elliptical, so it just sort of came about naturally. I made a conscious effort to tighten my abs and swivel my hips as much as possible, and I'm always keeping my arms going, so I just moved to the beat.

It was one of the best workouts I've ever had. I did over two hours at a pretty constant pace, and it was fun the entire time. My heart rate was cranking, even on the slower songs. If the tempo dropped, I'd plant my feet firmly on the pads and crouch a bit, increase the resistance, and focus on using my hips and thighs. I used 4lb dumbbells most of the time as well. Several times I went beyond Zone 3 on my HRM.

I'm sure I probably looked ridiculous (luckily the gym was pretty much empty), but man was it great.

Maybe the elliptical can make me better at zumba, and vice versa.

Replies

• Good for you. I zumba a lil bit but will use your ideas for my treadmill walks etc.. thanks for sharing and great job on your weightloss.

I want to lose about 40 pounds but it will probably slow down quite a bit with my having steroid shots again injected into my neck and hips.

Take care.
  • mariposa808
    mariposa808 Posts: 16 Member
    i love zumba, i do it a few times a week. lots of fun, it doesnt even feel like exercise. keep it up.
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    I've been seen doing some Zumba moves and moving to the rhythm and even lip singing the songs....luckily I'm the Zumba Instructor at my gym so no one thinks anything of it, well, except for the people who don't know who I am. The people don't know my must think I'm a little out there, those that know me KNOW I'm a little out there :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.