Can I control the foods I log in the protein portion of the log?

Options
So i only want the protein number logged from foods with a complete protein meaning foods with all 6 essential amino acids only. This is in an attempt to get the most accurate protein numbers per day. Fruits and grains dont have complete essential amino acids and therefore i dont want them to show in the protein log. Can this be done?

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    No
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Less than 70 years ago, more than 40 percent of the protein in the American diet came from grains, bread, and cereal. Currently, only 17 percent comes from these sources, along with another 15 percent from legumes, fruits, and vegetables, while two-thirds is from animal products. This trend, also noted in other industrialized Western countries, has been accompanied by a steady increase in heart-disease and cancer deaths.

Along with this shift to animal sources, the total protein in the diet has become excessive. The average American child's diet contains excessive protein, far exceeding the Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDAs) established by the National Research Council. A 4-year-old needs about 33 grams per day; a 12-year-old, 45 grams; and an adult, 50-65 grams. Children actually consume 50-60 grams and adults up to 100 grams, mostly from meat and dairy products. The rural Chinese adult diet consists of an ideal 55-60 grams, mostly from plant sources.

What a joke? Weak correlation between increase in animal protein intake and heart disease/cancer death. How about the fact that many more people are over-consuming and becoming obese? That probably has a lot to do with the increase in heart disease. Oh and now people are consuming too much protein? Nice source lol