CLA supplement

Options
Hi all - does anyone here take CLA? My friend takes it to help get results from the weight lifting she does, however, from what I have found on google it seems to claim to remove fat which worries me. I know very little about supplements, just wanted to see if anyone here knew more! I just take vitamin D :s

Replies

• dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Save your money.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    ^^^ I forgot what I was going to say...
  • QueenKristine7
    Options
    dieselbyte wrote: »
    Save your money.

What he said^^

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Save your money.

^ Yupp
  • dieselbyte
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    ^^^ I forgot what I was going to say...

Was it my intellect that caused a momentary lapse of memory???
  • Jennloella
    Options
    yes. wait, what?
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I would read studies instead of asking the internet people for their opinion. Many people will state their opinion as if it were fact but actually don't know anything about it.
  • dieselbyte
    Options
    jvs125 wrote: »
    I would read studies instead of asking the internet people for their opinion. Many people will state their opinion as if it were fact but actually don't know anything about it.

Strong 43rd post. Please supply links to the studies you have read on this subject. Also, how did you determine that we don't know anything about CLA supplementation?
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Strong 43rd post. Please supply links to the studies you have read on this subject. Also, how did you determine that we don't know anything about CLA supplementation?

I simply stated that people on the internet have many opinions on many subjects... it does not make them experts. You'll find advice all over the place and no one agrees. For health matters, I think the best advice is to have people read science rather than popular opinion.
  • Jennloella
    Options

OP already indicated she has googled it. I think what she is looking for IS opinions, first hand experience. OP, it's found in milk and meat, you may be surprised you're already getting enough, I took it when I lifted heavy before my third baby, and I didn't notice any difference than before I took it. My fourth baby is 5 months old and I"m lifting again, experiencing muscle gain and strength gains just fine with just a multivitamin and extra protein.
  • dieselbyte
    Options

I simply stated that people on the internet have many opinions on many subjects... it does not make them experts. You'll find advice all over the place and no one agrees. For health matters, I think the best advice is to have people read science rather than popular opinion.

No, you actually stated "Many people will state their opinion as if it were fact but actually don't know anything about it"

I assume present company was included in that response. Again, please link the studies you've read on CLA supplementation for fat loss (not cancer treatment). Also, are you 100% sure we don't know anything about it?
  • fatboyliz
    fatboyliz Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    ...wow.

'Save your money' does not answer my question. As I would hope my post implied, this is not a product I am interested in buying. I am concerned by the fact that my friend takes this.

Jennloella, thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. When I googled it I kept finding things claiming it burns fat etc...just not what I wanted to know, am trying to find out if it is safe for my friend to take this, if it has side effects etc.

I am never sure which 'studies' to trust as well - the internet is a pretty contradictory place!