Protein mix in coffee?

Options
Char231023
Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
Has anyone tried this to replace sweeteners and creams in their coffee? What were your experiences. Which powders work the best? Any feed back would be great.

Replies

• PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Mix with cold coffee or milk first. Raw protein powder + heat = curdle city!
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I put vanilla protein powder in my tea all the time. I thought it worked great.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    It sounds awful, actually. I prefer it with a banana and milk.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I whisk in vanilla whey with 1% milk, when blended well pour coffee over
  • annehdavis
    annehdavis Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Premier shakes go well in coffee. The company even suggests it.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I blenda a scoop of vanilla with a half cup of milk, then add it along with splenda to 2-3 cups of coffee. It's also good blended with cold coffee and ice.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I do I use protein powder in my HOT coffee and it has replaced truvia and creamer for me. I don't use a whole scoop, I spread it out amongst my 2-3 cups each morning.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »

Yup. Looked like curdled human flesh.
  • cmcoles83
    cmcoles83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use protein powder with Almond Milk and Coffee. And it's fantastic! It's easy to dress up with some nut butter (nutella, peanut butter, almond butter). And is good either cold or warm.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

gross. mine does not do that.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options

Ew. I don't even know what that would look like, but ew
  • Torontonius
    Torontonius Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Use isolate, not concentrate and you'll get better results.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options

i don't understand how this myth persists. never had a problem putting PP in hot anything. perhaps heat might make it appear to clump together and be a bit harder to stir... but the whey is not curdling. Would assume the same issue might occur with a totally non-dairy based PP. just stir it in and there is no problem.

although i love coffee, this never really was appealing to me. Maybe because i always drink it black anyway.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options

i don't understand how this myth persists. never had a problem putting PP in hot anything. perhaps heat might make it appear to clump together and be a bit harder to stir... but the whey is not curdling. Would assume the same issue might occur with a totally non-dairy based PP. just stir it in and there is no problem.

although i love coffee, this never really was appealing to me. Maybe because i always drink it black anyway.

I've had it happened more than once. It's not lumps like hot coco powder lumps. It's like it's cooked into flesh colored beads of nasty
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I totally did a face palm when I thought of this. I will be sure to mix it semi cool because there is nothing I hate more than "cooked into flesh colored beads of nasty".
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this to replace sweeteners and creams in their coffee? What were your experiences. Which powders work the best? Any feed back would be great.

I have, just not with protein powder

I've been enjoying bulletproof coffee.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Maxpro tiramisu flavor in my coffee or tea
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Dymatize Elite XT Chocolate Fudge is good mixed with Cold Coffee. I usually mix it with that, Matcha Green Tea Powder, and Seedless Cherries.