Polar Heart Rate Monitor

Options
Does anyone have a Polar Heart Rate Monitor that they use to exercise? If so you like it and is it accurate with the calories? Thank you in advance.

Replies

• SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    ANY heart rate monitor will be more accurate than calculating another way-but POLAR is the most expensive and not necessary.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    HRM's are designed for steady state cardio. For everything else just use on-line guesstimators.

I like my Polar FT4 - it's a basic Polar. I don't workout in a gym, so I don't worry about interference from other gadgets.

Whatever the HRM, you want a chest strap model. Wrist only jobs are less accurate.
  • stopandsayuloveme
    Options
    Thank you both for your input. I think I may go with what you have TeaBea.
  • peachy48161
    peachy48161 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a polar f4 and I like it for the most part. It is way more accurate than anything else i've encountered. Probably due to the chest strap that you wear with it that can accurately track your HR. Right now they are on amazon for 57.50. I don't think that is too expensive if you use it on a regular basis. Here is the link. http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Heart-Rate-Monitor-Purple/dp/B005M1P85O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416883017&sr=8-1&keywords=polar+f4