Women: Anybody else refuse to weigh in during their period?

Options
13»

Replies

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning and track it

I am fine with seeing the fluctuations that happen all the time
  • bootcamp85
    bootcamp85 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It is different for every woman.....I usually gain 4-5 pounds during my time of the month.......some people do gain like 10 pounds.....yeh its crazy, but it is so TRUE!!!!
  • mellyo77
    mellyo77 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    beamer0821 wrote: »
    I've never experienced my period making a big difference on the scale.
    imo its an excuse/myth, whatever you want to call it. =)

giphy.gif
    BWAHAHAHAHA
    A myth? Jesus its actually scientifically proven I do declare. My trainer also will not weight me during my time.
  • bootcamp85
    bootcamp85 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    @PrizePopple.......hahaahahaa
  • kristimason3
    kristimason3 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yup. Haven't weighed in this week for a reason. Forget that, I don't need a few days of bloating and water weight getting me discouraged.
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I never skip a weigh in...no matter what. It is what it is. Not weighing in doesn't change the fact. That said, if it discourages you, don't do it.
  • josul75
    josul75 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I don't put on weight, but it does stall completely the week of my period. I weigh once a week, every week and have come to expect it now.

I'm losing about a pound and a half every week on average, but the week after my period I'm always down about three - it's great!
  • IndiaGuerita1983
    IndiaGuerita1983 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I go up around 8-10 pounds near my period and I eat clean 99% of the time. It drops back down to my normal weight about three days after my cycle starts. I still weigh daily during my cycle...mostly out of habit.

I tend to weigh myself daily.. as apart of my morning routine, but I don't track it on MFP. I think I'm going to start doing that. I feel like it would hold me more accountable and make me focus on short term victories as well.

Yeah...I try to only track once a week because otherwise all the fluctuations get me frustrated.
  • PeterSedesse
    Options
    You should definitely gain a few pounds of water during your period, it is one of the things your body is purposefully trying to make happen to prepare for the baby.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily when I'm at home, whatever. I like to know if a gain is normal for me, or an indication of something else going on with my body. I know that because I've tracked it for so long I have the data.

And as an indication of water weight, I gained about 10 lbs overnight when I had surgery. That's 8% of my body weight.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I gain right before, but the day after it starts, the weight is normal again. Don't get all freaked out about it. You have to look at the long term.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Yeah, water weight can make a difference. You can gain it when you work out really hard and are sore. It can happen due to hormonal fluctuations -- not only menstruation, but ovulation as well.

I weigh daily because I track it according to a moving average, but the raw number had seemed painted on the scale for the last few days. Last night I think I got up about four times to pee, and lo and behold! In the morning I was down two and a half pounds from the day before.

Very very normal. I strongly encourage anyone weighing daily to take a ten day moving average as their "real" weight so they don't flip out at fluctuations. It helps with trend tracking, too!