Looking for friends on that accountability tip

Options
Hi everyone!

My name is Sabrina. I am hoping to make some new friends. I have a lot of weight to lose. I am working on setting a few goals at a time and am moving toward a mostly plant based diet. I love to eat healthy I love vegetables and whole grains and fruit but I also love the bad stuff. I am looking to find new ways to cook. I grew up in the midwest where everything is fried and covered in gravy. I want to start clean cooking for my health and also the environment. My weakness is cheese and carbs, so i am working to reduce those. Oh goodbye grilled cheese hello grilled veggies. I hope to here from some of you soon. I love to see the success and the struggle and am interested to here from people at all legs of the journey. Thanks!

Replies

• andrew_in_va
    andrew_in_va Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean--I grew up on an Indiana farmer's diet thanks to my mother and grandmother. Unfortunately, none of us were doing that farming workout :smiley:
  • nat_nord
    nat_nord Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been bad the last 2yrs and have lost 10kg but have another 30 to go so would love to know how you go :)
  • blucas123
    blucas123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend. I also need people to keep me accountable too..... Would love to help motivate you. I live in Ohio, so I understand all about comfort foods.
  • nikiramirez
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Rich71bat
    Rich71bat Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too love vegs, wholegrains etc but also the bad stuff and am making a big effort now to shift from the latter to the former.

Feel free to add me.
  • nrobenolt
    nrobenolt Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck on your journey......feel free to add me~
  • Kieta64
    Kieta64 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome, since I added a friend I became accountable. I am not a fan of veggies, but I love the bad stuff especially grilled cheese sandwiches. Feel free to add me.
  • plm209
    plm209 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Just remember, allow yourself a cheat meal once a week. Otherwise, you're more likely to lose motivation quickly. Have that grilled cheese for dinner on a Saturday night and don't feel any guilt about it.
  • Abstraktimus
    Abstraktimus Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I'm Dan, 22 from the UK. Started my journey at 364 and I'm down to 238. I'm active every day with logging, chatting and messaging people aswell as blogging about my experiences and stuff! If you ever need any motivation, someone to rant to or just a chat I'm always here!

• 13shark77
    13shark77 Posts: 65 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I don't really have many friends. I have to motovate myself a lot. Family helps if there doing the same thing. Thats about it. I don't have ceat days, and as this apps does. It helps me feels guilty when I inputed my meal and shows me when Im doing bad. I started over 3 months ago. My main goal is to drop my BMI. When your BMI drops, you really know it. I don't look at the weight. If you don't understand BMI. Another way to tell is clothing you wear. If they seem to be tighter. Thats not a good sign. If they falling off your body or becoming baggy! Those are the signs you want!)