calories in, calories out--kind of

Options
Hello MFPers!

I've been tracking my calories and exercise burn for about a week now, and I have had a 2-3 days where I have gone over my calorie limit from as "little" as 155 cal to as much as 303 cal. What is best: reducing the next day's intake by the amount I was over the day before, or going ahead and trying to add more calorie burning exercise during the week to burn the calories that I was over? Does trying to adjust the daily intake the following day mess up the way your body wants to respond?

Thanks!
FocusPlease

Replies

• LycraLegs
    LycraLegs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different, but I would say excercise, as it helps to tone muscles! And muscle burns more cals than fat so.... yes, I would go for the excercise. I always try to fill in my diet planner in the morning or even the day before, so if you go over by 100 or so, just plan in a 30 minute brisk walk, that should put you in the clear so that you can go to bed green!

Good luck everyone!
  • hamton
    hamton Posts: 245
    Options
    As long as you average out for the week, you'll be fine. Some use the zig zag diet, which is more effective at reducing body fat than a constant calorie diet.