why?

Options
hardly ate anything today but im not hungry. did i estimate calories wrong?

lunch and dinner quick add

lunch i had veggie egg brown rice mixture but i only had like 5 bites.
and
dinner i had a slice of pizza( had mozzarella cheese and grilled veggies on it) with drizzle of balsamic. diary open.

i do still have like 3 hours till i go to bed but i don't think ill be hungry so weird less than 800 calories.

Replies

• squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    there are many things that affect your appetite, someone on a forum can't magically guess but i would suggest you aim for more calories regardless, even if you have to drink them
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    It looks like you're eating your calories every other day, so one day isn't going to make a heap of difference. Appetite, just like weight, fluctuates, and you shouldn't feel as though you have to force feed yourself if you're simply not hungry.

If the appetite loss continues for an extended period of time, then you might want to start thinking about consulting a physician, but I'd chalk it up to a fluke for now.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    You quick added. So unless you were taking calorie info from labels etc you could have just eaten more than you quick added. You're also not weighing your food. So again, eating more than you've logged.

Otherwise, many people who don't eat enough calories (i.e. the 1200 or less crowd) will make comments about how stuffed or not hungry they feel. So... whatever results in their lack of hunger, e.g. too much nutrient-dense food, could be causing your issues.
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    could be. i dont need to weight the other food for today they all have labels. i also didn't exercise today which usually makes me really hungry.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I don't know...doesn't everybody have a just-not-hungry day every once in a while?

I wouldn't worry about it. Unless you wake up the next five days in a row or something and continue to feel you just don't want to eat, ;) then I doubt it's anything worrisome. I'm not a doctor, though. If that DOES happen then I would for sure be getting to a doctor. That's just me.

Now, as far as estimating - I've been counting calories since 1978 and I still find myself under- or over-estimating once in a while if I munch out, then out of curiosity, weigh the same food on another day. This shows me two things: 1. I may have over- or underestimated the first portion, and/or 2. I can't know that I'm eyeballing what looks like the same amount correctly day to day. Many people are good at eyeballing portions; many others are not. I personally wouldn't estimate if I were you; you're asking whether you could have estimated wrong so that seems to indicate that you actually aren't sure of your portions. Get a food scale and a measuring cup and go to town. :) Then you'll know for sure.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    could be. i dont need to weight the other food for today they all have labels. i also didn't exercise today which usually makes me really hungry.

The weights/measurements the manufacturers give can often be wrong Weigh everything, even if it says it's one serving. You'll be surprised how much more comes up.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

People on here will suggest weighing food even if it's packaged and has a label. It's often incorrect, personally I don't do that just because I live in the city and I'm already proud of myself for all the other crap I weigh. If you eat a lot of packaged food though it could make a big difference.
  • arditarose
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

The weights/measurements the manufacturers give can often be wrong Weigh everything, even if it says it's one serving. You'll be surprised how much more comes up.

I was just going to say, someone on here will tell you that.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    hardly ate anything today but im not hungry. did i estimate calories wrong?

lunch and dinner quick add

lunch i had veggie egg brown rice mixture but i only had like 5 bites.
    and
    dinner i had a slice of pizza( had mozzarella cheese and grilled veggies on it) with drizzle of balsamic. diary open.

i do still have like 3 hours till i go to bed but i don't think ill be hungry so weird less than 800 calories.

one day? I wouldn't worry about it, our body is changing constantly somedays we're ravenous, some days we're not very hungry. If this was a typical day for you then there might be reason for concern.

Sometimes I think we just find things to worry about that aren't anything to worry about at all in life. :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

People on here will suggest weighing food even if it's packaged and has a label. It's often incorrect, personally I don't do that just because I live in the city and I'm already proud of myself for all the other crap I weigh. If you eat a lot of packaged food though it could make a big difference.

That's so funny. :) I totally get it.

OP, If you want to be as accurate as possible, weigh the food. If coming close is fine, do a quick add. But when you don't weigh, you may be taking in more (or, sometimes fewer) calories than the label shows. The labels lie.

Sometimes I eat more than my goal, sometimes less. Because some days I'm hungrier than others! It averages for me. I refuse to eat more on Monday and then be hungry on Wednesday because I must eat up or down to a number.

The sky won't fall if you're under 1200 today.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

OP, If you want to be as accurate as possible, weigh the food. If coming close is fine, do a quick add. But when you don't weigh, you may be taking in more (or, sometimes fewer) calories than the label shows. The labels lie.

Sometimes I eat more than my goal, sometimes less. Because some days I'm hungrier than others! It averages for me. I refuse to eat more on Monday and then be hungry on Wednesday because I must eat up or down to a number.

Oh I didn't realize I actually posted that one too.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

i agree wtih this, although if I'm buying something away from home to eat then it's not a huge deal to me. But if I have my scale, I weigh EVERYTHING.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Just curious, why the quick add, instead of entering the actual items?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

No, it's funny! "I'm not doing that because I'm already proud of myself."

Weighing is a little obsessive and is not for everyone. My long-term goal is to learn to eat properly, on my own, without having to think about it a whole lot. So, if you can get there without weighing every bite, you're already ahead of me, I'm happy for you and not the tiniest bit offended. :)

I know people who are like, "You weigh your food? Seriously?" and think it's crazy. My cousin made many, many comments when she visited. She absolutely thought it was nuts, but she also knows it's working for me. It's good for me to be reminded that I have to learn to eat. :)
  • arditarose
    Options

No, it's funny! "I'm not doing that because I'm already proud of myself."

Weighing is a little obsessive and is not for everyone. My long-term goal is to learn to eat properly, on my own, without having to think about it a whole lot. So, if you can get there without weighing every bite, you're already ahead of me, I'm happy for you and not the tiniest bit offended. :)

I know people who are like, "You weigh your food? Seriously?" and think it's crazy. My cousin made many, many comments when she visited. She absolutely thought it was nuts, but she also knows it's working for me. It's good for me to be reminded that I have to learn to eat. :)

Yeah, I pretty much weigh everything but I'm not going to open a package of oatmeal and weigh it. Oh wait, I don't eat oatmeal. You catch my drift though.

I'm not going to weigh everything everyday for my whole life. I think...