low impact exercises for limited spaces?

Options
I'm living in a pretty small room, very limited floor space for exercise(about a long beach towel's worth) and not only that, but I have to be very considerate of those living a floor below me, meaning no jumping around.

Even if I altered some of the jumping moves in the thirty day shred, I have no room for chest flies, haha.

Is anyone else in a similar situation? I'm doing some research and would love to compare notes here.

Replies

• mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Pilates/yoga/zumba possibly?
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I started doing the tiffany roth workouts on youtube. They are mini workouts you can combine and repeat if you like. She has a booty shakin abs and a back fat blast that I started doing and no jumping so far. Very minimal space needed and you have a quick workout if you otherwise could not get it in. She is fun too! If you like to shake it!
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have no room for chest flies, haha.

Does this mean a kettle bell is out?

What about a folding stationary bike? Depends on how much storage you have, I guess. Then you could probably round out your routine with an inexpensive set of free weights.

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I live on a sailboat. I can just about manage a Walk Away the Pounds video, as long as I turn sideways to do the side steps and am very careful about how I swing my arms. Mostly, I get out to do my exercise. Since you live in Ontario, I could see how working out at the local park might be a bit daunting.

Have you tried body weight exercises?

What kind of construction is the building? Could you run up and down the stairs without waking up all the neighbors? If not, is there a public building near you with stairs?